High School (G.E.D.) plus specialized short term training in secretarial skills. Ability to type 45 WPM. Word processing skills. Good grammar and communication skills. Knowledge of office equipment. Less than one year office experience with medical background preferred. Knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Requires knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) in terms of what and how work is to be done as well as why it is to be done, this level includes interpretation of data.
Primary Job Functions
• Administrative support for Central Business Office Director.
• Liaison between CBO and other PHS departments and outside customers.
• Prepares travel arrangements for CBO.
• Exposure to sensitive and confidential CBO information requires high level of discretion in the use and dissemination of this information.
• Responsible for scheduling meetings and securing location.
• Maintains all area machinery, and calls for outside service when needed.
• Performs other duties as requested by Central Business Office Director.