Job Title: Application Support Analyst - HIMS
Location: New Castle, DE
Are you passionate about leveraging your IT skills to serve the community while advancing your career in the exciting, fast-moving healthcare information technology field?
It's all right here at Christiana Care, where over 300 dedicated and talented staff are committed to using cutting edge technology to support the Christiana Care mission…COME SEE FOR YOURSELF !!
We are actively recruiting for an Application Analyst for our HIMS team. This is a full-time position to be located at our New Castle location.
This individual will be responsible for software implementations, upgrades, configuration and support of multiple Health Information Management Systems (HIMS) computer applications with the major focus on Projects, Operational Readiness and Operations work. This includes coordinating all aspects of sustaining applications in our technical environment. Emphasis for this position will be on medium to complex applications. Works as part of the Information Technology team to resolve application problems and support operations of assigned software. Uses current system and computer technology, and designs, installs and insures continuing operation of systems in all functional areas of CCHS. Acts as an internal consultant to management in disciplines and processes such as coding, transcription, medical records, etc.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with a team of IT and end-user professionals in the ongoing development and support of business systems. Perform Operational Readiness duties on HIMS applications via on call rotation.
- Utilize business knowledge to identify opportunities for improvement of existing and/or new information technology that will drive value to the business. Must possess the ability to stay ahead of rapidly changing technologies and to interface the various system components in order to produce effective and efficient solutions.
- Maintain strong communications with Project Leader/Manager/Team Leader as well as other team/staff members, end-users and vendors to ensure a productive and cooperative environment. Communications will be at a professional level.
Christiana Care Health System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer whose staff is representative of its community and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, gender identity or expression, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability or genetic information.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of administrative systems and software applications including MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio, SQL, Crystal Reports and HL7.
- Expert level troubleshooting skills, with a logical mindset and the ability to look at the big picture.
- Experience and knowledge of the Microsoft systems and technologies in a large enterprise environment.
- Experience and knowledge of client/server technologies in a corporate network environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of interface concepts and support needs.
- Strong workflow and data flow analysis skills, strong problem solving skills and able to acquire a working knowledge of departmental operations are required.
- Demonstrated ability to use a variety of technology-based tools and techniques. Candidate will be self-motivated to learn and apply current technical facilities as they become available and implemented.
- Knowledge of patient accounting from a hospital and physician perspective as well as scheduling, patient access, revenue cycle, billing, claims processing, document management, and reporting highly desirable.
- General understanding of billing regulations from both the hospital and physician perspectives, preferred.
- Must be a committed, enthusiastic team player, with a focus on customer satisfaction.
- Must possess strong interpersonal communications skills. Must have the ability to work constructively with customers under adverse situations. Ability to handle difficult situations with people in meetings is required.
- Demonstrated ability to relate technology to the customer so that they are comfortable with using it and perceive value in the service provided.
- Proven ability to manage vendor relationships.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic and changing user environment and be committed to corporate IT standards.
- Must be able to handle multiple challenges.
Job Classification: Information Systems
Job Requisition #: 30410BR
Christiana Care Health Systems - 2 years ago
Christiana Care Health System, headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, is one of the country's largest health care providers, ranking 22nd in...