Vice President, Accountable Care Finance
The VP will serve as a member of the Southwind senior management team and will report to the SVP, Finance and the Chief Medical Officer. The VP will be the architect of a financial team dedicated to the analytics and strategy of helping our healthcare clients move from a fee for service model to an accountable payment model. The VP will understand the dynamics of both the accountable payment models as well as the underlying cost structures that support the delivery of care within a healthcare system. The VP will be able to manage the full consulting life cycle from assessment and identification client value creation opportunities thru project management and implementation of the business solution. The VP will work with providers, payers, employers, and other stakeholders to design and deploy new financial structures and accountable payment strategies (i.e. Incentive Structures, Bundling, Shared Savings, all forms of capitation, Accountable Care Organization Design, Patient-Centered Medical Home, etc.)
The VP will have initial responsibility for building a team and a business model and subsequently overseeing and managing consulting staff, product, programs, and clients. This position will travel approximately 60%-80% and may live nationwide although a Nashville or Washington, DC area resident may be preferred.
- Grow the business unit by shaping and delivering accountable care and accountable payment projects
- Oversee new product strategy, business development and delivery of consulting engagements.
- Provide management oversight to consulting staff
- Oversee and coordinate with sales/development
- Works in partnership with the client organization’s leadership to enhance the delivery of consulting services.
- Serves as a trusted advisor and a resource to both the client and the onsite management team.
- Advises client boards and senior management on operations and process improvement opportunities and organizational strategies.
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other analytical discipline
- Formal and informal education in health administration, managed care or other related field is preferred
- Healthcare system or acute care focused consulting experience
- Minimum of 10 years experience at a senior level in a hospital, healthcare system or payor organization
- Proven to have successfully grown and developed a business unit
- Proven experience developing, delivering and implementing complex financial models
- Ability to help research, develop, and analyze financial and quality data
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision
- Demonstrated success in yielding unprecedented results within the area of health care operations management
- Ability to communicate effectively and articulate all relevant operational perspectives.
- Proven consulting, executive-level, and physician relations skills
- Proven engagement with clients (both hospital and physicians), and ability to provide valuable insights and logical explanations when faced with difficult questions
- Proven ability to be a creative and innovative thinker
- Proven commitment in a team setting, and ability to serve as a member of a management team
- A proven leader in demonstrating how to build a partnership between multiple constituencies
- Ability to build trust and confidence with utmost integrity
- Proven knowledge of how to get things done in a complex organization
- Proven communication skills, including listening and presenting
- Ability to lead change and achieve support for change; builds consensus
- Strong customer service-focus
- A proven strategic thinker with ability to see big picture
- Ability to motivate others
- Experience as a successful influencer who can interact effectively with diverse groups of stakeholders such as other physicians, healthcare administration, and staff.
- Ability to facilitate and lead successful outcomes which is mutually satisfactory to all stakeholders
- Proven business acumen and analytical skills.
- Ability to be patient yet persistent when appropriate
- Takes accountability and responsibility for own actions
- Proven success as a team player who can build collaborative relationships across the organization.
- Ability to understand value of technology and able to address issues of costs, benefit/risk analysis
- Proven credibility with healthcare constituencies
- Proven ability to operate as a servant leader with excellent team building skills
- Proven success working towards a goal(s); ability to take initiative
- Proven ability to handle complex, ambiguous and changing environments
The Advisory Board Company - 2 years ago
The Advisory Board Company and its subsidiaries provides best practices research, analysis, executive education and leadership development,...