Overview Genie Industries/Terex Aerial Work Platforms (AWP), a business segment of the Terex Corporation, is headquartered in Redmond, WA with branch offices worldwide; we manufacture material lifts, aerial work platforms, trailer-mounted booms and light towers, telehandlers, scissor lifts and self-propelled telescopic and articulating booms. We are a company with a strong safety first mentality, team based culture, respect for the individual and high integrity.
Genie sets the standard by which other lifts are judged. Simply put, we build a better lift. Our innovative designs and reliable products have made Genie a world leader in the production of material lifts, portable aerial work platforms, scissor lifts, and self-propelled telescopic and articulated booms. The right time is now to come join us as we grow and expand to meet our customers' needs. Responsibilities
This role is responsible for managing capital assets for the company specific to CNC machines. This person will help with the replacement of CNC machines that are in disrepair or need to be replaced. This person will help to set up processes for tooling and help to facilitate the replacements for each plant. This person will be utilizing MS Office Suite on a regular basis, including manipulating data in Excel for research, setting up meetings in Outlook and utilizing Word, possibly for writing RFQ’s.
This person will work with the shop floor with regard to helping with installs of equipment, utilizing skills in project management, facilitating and coordinating.
This position is a combination of working at a desk and working on the shop floor, and is very hands-on. This person will be a corporate resource and will need to help people in the plants and in the field with acquiring capital, which requires excellent communication skills. This position requires that a person be familiar with machining, specifically CNC machines. Experience with a variety of machines is helpful, but will mainly be dealing with vertical and horizontal mills. Having familiarity with spindle tooling (drill bodies, inserts, milling cutters and tooling used to create the part) and work holding (fixturing that holds the parts, they machine) are all preferred. Familiar with basic quality systems and precision measuring instruments is strongly preferred. Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Engineering preferred and a minimum of 2 - 5+ years of CNC Machining or related machining experience.
- Knowledge of various metrology techniques required. CMM (coordinate measuring machine) knowledge or experience is preferred.
- Commitment to Lean Manufacturing
- Strong orientation towards quality, safety and continuous improvement
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Computer savvy with strong computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and good data entry skills
- Experience supporting CNC operations or Machining (mills, lathes, etc.) is highly desired
- CNC programming knowledge is a plus
- Project management exp. is preferred
- Capital equipment acquisition and commissioning experience is preferred
- Heavy equipment experience is preferred
- Manufacturing production experience is preferred
- Experience with fixture or work holding design is preferred
- Familiarity with basic quality systems and precision measuring instruments is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Okuma and Mori-Seiki machine tools is preferred
Travel: Up to 25% (Regionally)
Terex - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
Terex is a "T-Rex" when it comes to making a variety of cranes, aerial platforms, and construction and materials processing...