SALARY GRADE: $45,000 - $67,500 (DOQ)
CLOSING DATE: March 8, 2013
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Support the Load Forecasting and Margin accounting responsibilities for Generation Dispatch and Power Marketing. Perform load forecasting for the electric utilities and update generating unit availability as required.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Manager of Margin and Forecasting
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Support existing multivariate forecast models and develop new multivariate forecast models.
- Review, analyze, and validate short-term and long-term forecasts.
- Prepare and interpret reports and business presentations on weather effects on usage and overall forecasted impacts.
- Define and implement effective operational process work flows and documentation to support ongoing business activities.
- Review, analyze, and validate forecast model variable inputs including load profiles, weather, and other load influencing variables.
- Review and analyze variances between load forecast and actual loads for the purpose of adjusting forecast models, validating settlements, and/or reporting and intuitively explaining variances.
- Review and analyze Marketing Margin for the purpose of adjusting and allocating costs and sales revenue.
- Manage resource merit stacking mechanism to maximize utility revenue.
- Responsible for timely and accurate daily load forecasting for several entities in multiple states.
- Prepare and maintain Generation Dispatch and Energy Management Agreement (GDEMA) Firming reports daily.
- Serve as knowledge resource for Forward Marketers.
- Assist Forward Marketers in analyzing market and load data to support marketing decisions.
- Update and maintain GDPM Margin reports as required.
- Analyze and interpret company financial and statistical data used in studies to analyze the generation resources.
- Prepare annual performance plan consistent with job expectations.
- Analyze and monitor sales and revenue data on a monthly basis for each utility.
- Provide support for and verify the accuracy of the load forecast, identifying any issues which have the potential to impact the forecast.
- Keep supervisor informed of project work status.
- Maintain professional working relationships with all employees and business associates.
- A minimum of two years electrical utility experience preferred.
- Energy load forecasting experience preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical work experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance or a related field preferred.
- Understanding of electrical utility wholesale marketing functions.
- Understanding of electric utility planning and operating methods.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects in a timely manner.
- Highly proficient in computer applications including all Microsoft Office products.
- Strong analytical and decision making skills; sound judgment and ability to maintain strict confidentiality of business information.
- Ability to work in a team setting, across functional areas to develop information based on prepared forecasts
- Demonstrated ability to perform well under pressure and adjust to changing priorities while maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Research and analysis skills including the ability to obtain relevant data, evaluate complex situations, develop creative alternatives, provide recommendations, and negotiate and influence outcomes.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.