ATK Sporting Group is a company that proudly serves the law enforcement, military/government, international and sport shooting markets. As a manufacture of ammunition, optics, reloading equipment and shooting accessories-as well as a leading producer of tactical gear-ATK Sporting Group meets the needs of its customers by offering technologically advanced products proven in the field. We match the passion and intensity of our customers with our unwavering dedication to products that will perform under the toughest conditions.
Based in Anoka, MN ATK Sporting Group headquarters is also home to Federal Premium Ammunition, one of the shooting industry’s most recognized and represented brands. Federal Premium has been producing ammunition in Anoka since 1922. As an active business in the community, Federal Premium has been responsible for abundant employment opportunities and community involvement throughout its history.
Our Manhattan, MT location is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to add to our ever growing accessory team. Our accessory business consists of many facets of recreational shooting and hunting, tactical accessories, law enforcement, optics and reloading. We are seeking a person who is interested in developing products for any or all of our accessory business. This position will work closely with all facets of our business; marketing, sourcing, purchasing, manufacturing, quality, and operations. The ability to lead projects and work in cross functional teams is essential.
Education and Experience
- Provides pertinent guidance to the design activity relative to manufacturing and test aspects of the product design and supporting tooling/fixtures.
- Facilitates communication relevant to product manufacturing and coordinate among the Program Team, Quality, Master Scheduling, Technician Supervisors, Production Control, Procurement Activity, Customer (when required, and authorized by Program Manager), and others, to assure coordinated transition from R/D to manufacturing.
- Regular and on-going interface with Master Scheduling activity is a requirement
- Regular and on-going communication with Manufacturing Engineering Supervisor and other Operations
- Required to maintain awareness within the Operations Department of program status including, but not limited to, schedule milestone realization, manufacturing labor allocation and status, any and all constraints to manufacturing and test, manufacturing readiness, test readiness, product and process stability.
- Ensuring that all customer requirements are satisfied
- Working with a multi-disciplinary team to develop designs
- Generation of work instructions for the manufacturing and test processes
- Developing tooling required for manufacturing
- Assisting in the preparation of quotations
- Coordination with production on day-to-day activities and problem resolution
- Coordination of documentation and data to support hardware
- Monitoring of cost and schedule
- Transition new products to full production readiness and release
(Including 2 yrs. of experience with injection molding)
- BS in Classical Engineering discipline
- 5-10 years experience general engineering
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Strong 3D solid modeling proficiency
- Experience with SolidWorks and Moldflow preferred
- Ability to support production schedules
- Must be US Citizen with ability to obtain security clearance
Start building your future today! Please go to www.atk.com/careers and search requisition ID JN20122911-26354. Please build a profile and apply online to the position.
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical and dental, 401k, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Engineering and Sciences
less than 25%
Years of Experience:
Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market:
R&D Engineer, Manufacturing, Industrial, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Engineering
ATK - 14 months ago
Space is not the final frontier for Alliant Techsystems (ATK), as long as its aerospace/defense offerings are paving new paths. Through four...