Accounting Sr. Manager II – Payroll / Payroll Tax
Basic Function – Direct and lead the Payroll and Payroll Tax Reporting management team, all major activities and the operation through strong leadership and communication skills and an extensive overall knowledge of multistate payroll and tax processes and regulations. Maintain productive relationships with both internal and external business partners and customers, resulting in high quality and compliant service levels, while continually focusing on process improvements.
1. Manage and lead the Payroll and Tax Reporting management and operational teams through on-going coaching and direction.
2. Oversee all corresponding processes, systems, and data and ensure teams are providing high quality, timely, and compliant services.
3. Develop and recommend objectives and strategies for accurate, timely and compliant processes within assigned areas.
4. Support relationships with Third Party providers for multiple processes and ensure valid controls and compliance exist.
5. Provide strategic guidance and oversight to the teams to support our continual process improvement initiative through root cause analysis throughout the Payroll operational teams and the JCPenney Shared Services Center.
6. Build and maintain solid working relationships with Senior Management in JCPSSC, Controllers, Finance, HR, Legal, Audit, etc.
7. Maintain and further improve solid operational performance and metrics of the Payroll and Payroll Tax Reporting teams.
8. Actively participate in initiatives to support the JCPenney Shared Services Center Long Range Plan as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with an accounting or finance major. MBA, CPA, CPP a benefit.
Experience: Minimum of 10 years of progressive and diversified multi-state Payroll / Tax operational experience, preferably with a large corporation. Strong background in managing, directing and leading teams, continual process improvement, with a desire to be a “payroll professional”. PeopleSoft HRMS experience a plus.
Core Competencies: Strong leadership skills, extensive payroll and payroll tax operational knowledge, adept at recognizing and adapting to change, analytical and conceptual skills, systems applications, drive for results, oral and written communication skills, and motivation.