Cleaning Service Field Staff provides cleaning services to individual and business clients of Jewish Family and Children’s Services and the general community. Field Staff understands the mission of Jewish Family and Children’s Services and the goals and objectives of the Cleaning Service.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Relying on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the position, Cleaning Services Field Staff systematically and in an organized fashion thoroughly cleans all living areas in homes and apartments of private clients and offices of business clients and may perform the following tasks:
1. Collects and disposes of garbage.
2. Dusts furniture, woodwork, shelves, and baseboards.
3. Cleans, scrubs, and sanitizes bathrooms and showers.
4. Sweeps and washes floors.
5. Washes tile walls.
6. Cleans appliances, counters, cabinets, tables, and chairs.
7. Cleans inside and outside of microwave ovens, refrigerators, and stoves.
8. Polishes furniture.
9. Wipes fingerprints from doors and walls.
10. Vacuums carpets and furniture.
11. Strips and waxes floors as needed.
12. Spot-cleans carpets as needed.
13. Refills paper towels /toilet tissue dispensers.
14. Launders clothes.
15. Maintains inventory list of supplies needed to perform tasks.
16. Provides good customer service to clients.
17. Additional custodial duties as required.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge and ability to perform basic domestic household tasks.
2. Works to ensure that residences and offices are kept in a clean and orderly condition.
3. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field, such as scrubbing, mopping, waxing, cleaning all surfaces of apartment/house/office building.
4. Will use proper cleaning solutions and equipment; clean, care, and preserve various types of surfaces; maintain hygienic conditions appropriate to the organization's standards.
5. Is personable, respectful, and reliable.
6. Able to work under direct supervision and with a teammate.
6 months of related experience preferred
No experience, but have training as a housekeeper/janitor
High school diploma or its equivalent with basic English skills
Criminal record check clearance
Two-Week Paid Training Program Available:
How to use different types of chemical/cleaning products for cleaning purposes.
How to maintain hygienic conditions when cleaning different parts of the house, apartment or building.
Customer-service and communication skills.
How to use proper equipment for waxing and vacuuming.
How to keep inventory list of supplies and maintain an orderly and organized supply closet.
Please contact Michael Berke at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jewish Family and Children’s Services is an equal opportunity employer. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. This is a non-exempt, full-time or hourly contract position. Full-time position comes with benefits.
Jewish Family and Children’s Services - 4 years ago