Simplot Grower Solutions (SGS) Overview:
The SGS mission is simple: 'Delivering Solutions to Growers'. With 90+ retail locations and a full line of crop inputs, Simplot Grower Solutions is your one-stop resource for agricultural supplies and precision agronomy services. The Crop Advisor provides customer service to growers through the sale of fertilizer and related products, consultation services and follow-up on delivery. Under general direction from the Area Sales Manager, provide support to members of the regional crop advisors to meet the company's sales goals and objectives.
• Market products to growers by making calls, providing advising/ consulting services and monitoring individual grower programs in respect to use of pesticides, fertilizers, irrigation, tillage, seed and related areas.
• Work with regional Crop Advisors, as directed by Area Manager and Market Manager, to increase knowledge, sales, marketing, manage customer relationships and increase profits in region.
• Work with Area Manager and Market Manager on marketing plans, pricing, costing and designing programs. Be the lead person in developing relationships with large accounts and integration between other Simplot customers.
• Grow sales and profit from year to year as a critical member of the sales team.
• Maintain customer agronomic records and assist in setting up customer financial records and collection of past due accounts.
• Ensure follow-through to see that delivery, application and billing is handled appropriately.
• Other miscellaneous duties such as attending meetings, training sessions and providing back-up to operations support personnel.
• Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college/university plus three years related experience/training required.
• CCA certification highly desired.
• Agronomics knowledge of various related products required.
• Must have strong communication skills and the ability to work well in team environments.
• Ability to grow sales and forecast financial achievement.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations.
• Ability to write reports, technical procedures, governmental regulations and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume along with applying concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Salary: PG 39, 41, 43