(Education): BSEE plus 8 years experience or MSEE plus 5 years experience in high performance signal integrity engineering.
LSI has a position open for a Signal Integrity (SI) Engineer in the SerDes applications group. The successful candidate will be responsible for the SerDes high speed IO package and PCB signal integrity and power supply integrity (PSI) for products and prototypes. The responsibilities include simulation of die, package, and PCB along with providing supporting documentation. The SI engineer will work closely with IC designers, package and PCB designers to ensure that performance specifications are met on each customer’s application.
- Ansoft HFSS
- Detailed understanding of Serializer and Deserializer (SerDes) technology and serial communications
- PCB design experience with 50W+ card with 20+ layers and 10Gbps+ backplane connectors
- High speed Signal Integrity
- Power integrity analysis
- S & Z-parameter model specification, review and simulation
- Serial communications standards including XAUI, SRIO, OIF-CEI, IEEE802.3ap-KR, Fibre Channel, SFF
- In-depth understanding of Bit Error Rate concepts
- High speed test equipment including BERTs and sampling scopes
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Agilent ADS
LSI Logic Corporation - 2 years ago