TOWN OF LOS GATOS
Police Administrative Services Manager
$90,444.00 - $113,055.00 Annually
Apply online at www.losgatosca.gov
This position is "Open Continuous" and will close once a sufficient number of qualified candidates are received. It is recommended that candidates apply immediately, as this job posting may close without notice. The first review of applications will take place on October 24, 2013.
The Town of Los Gatos has an immediate opening for a Police Administrative Services Manager. This is a civilian management position which will report to a Police Captain. The Department is seeking candidates with police management experience, with the ability to oversee the following areas of responsibility:
Management of Police Records
• Manage a team of 3 full-time Police Records Specialist for the processing of approximately 2,600 police reports on an annual basis.
• Process criminal and traffic warrants.
• Manage a public counter that provides customer service for walk-in clients of the Police Department.
• Respond to requests for electronic and hard-copy document requests to comply with the California Public Records act.
• Coordinate with a number of public law enforcement agencies for the processing and distribution of crime-related information and statistics.
This position is integral in a number of sensitive and complex projects that often involve multiple jurisdictions. Project examples include:
• Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) Data Exchange Project to streamline dispatch operations and reduce police response times. This is a 3-5 year, $100M regional project involving 15 public safety answering points, managed under the direction of the SVRIA (Silicon Valley Regional Interoperability Authority).
• Police Records Management System (RMS) change in platform to an on-line reporting system. This is a major project involving all Police Records staff and requires coordination with Dispatch and Patrol Operations. This project is launching in the current fiscal year and has a project timeline of 3 years.
General Administration and Program Management
• Recommends hiring, establishes training standards, prepares performance evaluations, manages performance and provides mentoring and coaching for assigned staff.
• Produces staff reports, statistical analysis, presentations and provides policy recommendations.
Monitors program budgets, develops budget proposals and participates in the annual departmental budgeting process.
Requirements of the position include any combination of a Bachelor’s Degree in Administration of Justice, Public Administration or a related field and 5 years of progressively responsible law enforcement-related experience relevant to the position, including supervision and management experience.
Retirement Information: For current CalPERS and reciprocal members: 2% at age 60 with 7% contribution by the employee. For new members as defined by PEPRA, 2% at age 62 with 6.75% contribution by the employee. Los Gatos does not participate in Social Security except for the required 1.45% of Medicare contributions.
Note: This is an unrepresented, At-Will position and is FLSA exempt.
This agency does not use calopps to accept online applications. Please read this job announcement for details on how to apply.
CalOpps.org - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard