THIS IS A FUNDED POSITION, AND AN URGENT HIRE
The candidate shall provide web systems management of Apache, Internet Information Systems (IIS), Tom Cat, STIG, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), WebSphere and similar web systems. The candidate shall support the following operating systems and network components: LINUX, UNIX, SUN, VMware, Cabling, Keyboard Video Mouse (KVM) and switches. The contractor shall provide connectivity from application servers to data storage, including network devices such as switches/routers, Network Attached Storage (NAS), SAN, and NFS.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Performing all levels of analysis (simple to complex) of OS(s), business applications, monitoring agents, risk mitigation agents, backup/recovery agents, network devices and storage devices as well as assisting and testing Disaster Recovery (DR) and Continuity of Operations Plans (COOP) and special projects.
- Installing and upgrading network monitoring tools, software, and agents.
- Monitoring network performance, where applicable and make recommendations to modify configuration to improve performance.
- Communicating network performance issues to MCNOSC in supporting CONUS/OCONUS and Deployed customers to resolve latency issues.
- Completing Firewall Modification Requests in support of ensuring network connectivity.
- Providing recommendations to Government personnel in network design, implementation and modifications for legacy systems. Providing support to unclassified and classified systems.
- Integrating web services to OS, application software, DBMS(s), business applications, monitor agents, risk mitigation agents, backup/recovery agents, network devices and storage devices.
Interpreting error codes generated by log and system files from DBMS(s), OS(s), business applications, monitoring agents, risk mitigation agents, backup/recovery agents, network devices and storage devices.
Recommending and implementing hardware, software, database or network solutions to resolve problems.
- Experience Linux (RHEL 4 and 5 / UNIX) experience at an enterprise level.
- Experience as a UNIX Administrator
- Experience authoring clear and concise client-ready deliverables
- Ability to work on both multiple short-term projects and single long-term projects
ClearanceJobs.com - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Perfecting Technology is your premier source for full service Information Technology Consulting and Staffing Solutions. Leveraging more than...