Labor Category Description: Programmer
Develops, creates, and modifies general computer applications software or specialized utility programs. Analyze user needs and develop software solutions. Designs software or customizes software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. May analyze and design databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team. Researches, designs, develops, and tests operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software for industrial, military, communications, aerospace, business, scientific, and general computing applications. Sets operational specifications and formulate and analyze software requirements. Apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis. Analyzes and develops computer systems possessing a wide range of capabilities, including numerous engineering, business and records management functions. Develops plans for automated information systems from project inception to conclusion including systems requirements determination. Designs software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and domain analyses and manages their implementation. Manages software development and support using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, other accepted design techniques and Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools.
Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities
Clearance Requirement - TS/SCI with polygraph
- Advise customer about, or perform, maintenance of software system.
- Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan computer specifications and layouts, and peripheral equipment modifications.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Confer with data processing and project managers to obtain information on limitations and capabilities for data processing projects.
- Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Consult with customers about software system design and maintenance.
- Consult with customers or other departments on project status, proposals and technical issues such as software system design and maintenance.
- Consult with engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, develop specifications and performance requirements and resolve customer problems.
- Coordinate installation of software system.
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation.
- Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures.
- Estimate software development costs and schedule.
- Evaluate factors such as reporting formats required, cost constraints, and need for security restrictions to determine hardware configuration.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Monitor functioning of equipment to ensure system operates in conformance with specifications.
- Obtain and evaluate information on factors such as reporting formats required, costs, and security needs to determine hardware configuration.
- Prepare reports and correspondence concerning project specifications, activities and status.
- Recommend purchase of equipment to control dust, temperature, and humidity in area of system installation.
- Review existing programs and assist in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improve current techniques.
- Specify power supply requirements and configuration.
- Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
- Supervise the work of programmers, technologists and technicians and other engineering and scientific personnel.
- Train users to use new or modified equipment.
- Utilize microcontrollers to develop control signals, implement control algorithms and measure process variables such as temperatures, pressures and positions.
Trusant Technologies, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business. We are a government contractor specializing in Information Technology and Professional Engineering Services. Our mission is to serve our clients by designing, developing, implementing, and supporting advanced technology systems and mission critical facilities. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!