Directs and coordinates production operations for a ready mix plant by performing the following duties personally.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates all aspects of the delivery of raw materials to the plant, as well as loads the trucks with the proper volume and has the loads delivered per specifications.
- Problem solves when the plant breaks down and assists Maintenance to assure minimal break down time.
- Schedules and assures completion of routine maintenance on plants. Maintains daily, monthly and yearly reports. Reports all issues to the Operations Manager.
- Assures proper housekeeping at the plant.
- Participates in administering company policies (Environmental, Health & Safety, etc.) to ensure the continued success of the company.
- Interfaces with department heads (Tech Services, Quality Assurance, Maintenance, IT, HR, Safety, Environmental) for operational efficiency.
- Plans and directs operations to maximize production, efficiency and customer service.
- Maintains a high level of employee morale at the plant.
Subordinates (at their particular yard) include: end loader operator(s), mechanic(s), driver(s). Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; assuring quality standards are met; monitoring and appraising performance and taking appropriate actions as required; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
Two (2) – four (4) years of related experience and/or training, Associates degree a plus; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. Strong people management, problem solving and decision-making skills. Strong leadership and supervisory skills.
Ability to read and interpret technical procedures. Ability to write reports. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients and customers.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to everyday business situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have fundamental computer skills with intermediate knowledge of computer software (Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook).
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where standardization exists.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Valid Driver’s License/ CDL Preferred
Other Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of concrete properties and performance. Above average mechanical skill and ability with Ready Mix or heavy truck repair experience. Welding and fabricating experience is a plus. Electrical knowledge/skill/experience a strong plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and distance vision. Lifting of up to 80 lbs.., may be required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Very fast paced with a need to respond to ever changing scenarios.
Prairie Material - 2 years ago