Overall Job Description
The Global Insights Manager, Analytics is responsible for driving business results by leveraging broad-based business knowledge and a high level of functional expertise. He does this by directing strategies and tactics that enable achievement of sales and profit targets at the brand level. The GIM - AI is responsible for proactively identifying key business issues in collaboration with business partners, managing key research priorities/plans and providing actionable recommendations that drive business results. He also enables conversion from insights to action by building strong business and cross-functional relationships. The GIM - AI operates with minimal assistance from his/her manager. This position also participates in driving functional excellence and building a world-class organization.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Drive business results by influencing key decisions through an analytics-based perspective in the areas of Forecast, Sales and Marketing management.
• Integrate other consumer/market insights and a solid understanding of the broader business context to make more persuasive recommendations. Proficiently perform and apply advanced analytics techniques, including but not limited to:
o Marketing mix modeling
o Price & Promotions modeling and simulation
o Market Structure analysis and interpretation
o Business tracking and evaluation
• Champion Analytic Insights within the company and build strong cross-functional relationships to become embedded as a critical element of strategic business unit operation.
• Implement best practices within Analytic Insights through standardization of methods, tools, and knowledge-sharing to maximize group efficiency and impact.
• Contribute to the building of knowledge and technical skill among all Analytic Insights members.
• Ensure full utilization and integration of existing research and consumer/market knowledge to drive strategy and tactics for category and brand portfolios.
Education and Experience
• Masters or PhD in Marketing Research, Business Administration, Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, or related applied quantitative field.
• 5+ years business experience with Masters; 2+ years with PhD. ?
• Expertise using Excel and experience using a statistical package (SAS, SPSS, S-Plus, R, Stata, Minitab, or JMP).
Core Skill Set
• Demonstration of strong skills in the following areas:
• Analytical/Problem Solving
• Results Orientation
• Persuasive Communication
• Inter-Personal skills
• Thought Leadership
• Planning & Organizing