You’ll Find It With Us!
Airgas USA, LLC is the nation’s largest distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases, welding supplies and related safety products. It is also the largest manufacturer of nitrous oxide in the U.S., and a leading supplier of dry ice. With nearly 1,200 locations and approximately 15,000 employees nationwide Airgas is uniquely positioned to serve our diversified customer base.
The West Region of Airgas USA, LLC, (responsible for Southern California/Southern Nevada/Arizona/Hawaii) is seeking an Assistant Branch Manager at our Honolulu facility. This position reports directly to the Branch Manager/District Manager.
This position will support the Branch Manager in the day-to-day store functions of promoting sales, ensuring facility and staff are in compliance with safety and regulatory standards. Will assist with guidance to team members on effective and efficient service to customers, provide good housekeeping, and provide overall operating efficiency.
• Must lead within the Airgas culture – putting safety first.
• Will support the Branch Manager in daily retail store functions of promoting sales, providing quality customer service, ensuring facility and staff are in compliance with safety and regulatory standards.
• Will lead branch personnel and overall store functions in absence of the Branch Manager.
• Provide consistent professional customer service to all walk-in or call-in customer inquiries regarding products, price, and technical information.
• Oversee and ensure that cash reports, charge tickets, coding, costing, pricing, daily cash summary, bank deposits are processed accurately on a daily basis.
• Support the outside sales force as needed in servicing and obtaining new business.
• Establish gas/hard good inventory levels for the branch.
• Assist in the training of inside sales associates in areas including product knowledge; company policies, processes, and procedures; and safety; ensures that all associates are trained to perform critical branch functions.
• Ensure branch store shelves and displays are kept neat and clean and are adequately stocked and properly organized thereby exposing customers to all new and featured products.
• Maintain and upgrade industry product knowledge on an on-going basis.
• Oversee general housekeeping of showroom, offices, warehouse, break room, restroom, and grounds.
• Maintain a safe work environment; may organize and lead safety meetings.
• Comply with company safety rules and regulations.
• Promptly report any accident or injury is to supervisor.
• Be punctual and comply with shift schedule.
• Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
• Other duties as required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION, KNOW-HOW & EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred.
• Prefer minimum of three (3) years experience in retail sales or industrial products, ideally in industrial gases, welding supplies or similar industrial products; at least one (1) year experience in a supervisory/lead capacity.
• Strong retail sales/cash transactions/customer service skills desired.
• Must be safety conscience and possess a desire to work safely.
• Knowledge of welding applications and equipment a plus.
• Ability to learn the Airgas business/product line/organization/transaction systems.
• Proven ability to work effectively under deadlines with little supervision and to complete a high volume of paperwork accurately and on time.
• Detailed-oriented with good organizational skills.
• Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in oral, written, diagram or schedule form.
• Must be able to work overtime and weekends to meet operational deadlines.
• Pre-employment drug testing, physical, and background check and random drug testing applies.
• Possess proficient computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, and database programs).
• Experience with SAP or similar ERP a plus.
• Ability to enter and extract data into and out of a computer.
• Strong mathematical skills needed.
• Able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages.
COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING and PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS:
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals using the English language.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure documents.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from other associates, managers, customers and the general public.
• Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Able to identify problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the aforementioned knowledge, abilities, and skills may be considered at the company’s discretion.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The USES category for this position is medium. While performing the duties of this job the associate is regularly required to stand, sit, kneel, squat, and walk, as well as talk and hear. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 65 lbs. and move more than 100 lbs. with the aid of material handling equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. Requires manual dexterity to answer phones and use computer keyboard and mouse.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is occasionally exposed to moving office machine parts. Though the associate will spend the majority of the time in the store, there will be times he/she is outside assisting the customer loading/unloading product from a vehicle. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Airgas offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, and more.
We know it takes time and energy to submit an application. While we sincerely appreciate your interest in this position, due to the high volume of applications received we are not able to reach out to every applicant individually. If we think you might be a match for this position our recruiting team will reach out to you directly.
Airgas is an equal opportunity employer EOE/M/F/V/D.
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS.
Airgas Inc. - 22 months ago
Airgas, Inc. (NYSE: ARG), through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation’s leading suppliers of industrial, medical and specialty...