When you are in the business of health care, you're in the business of people. At UnitedHealth Group we want every customer experience to be distinctly personal. The challenge is complex. When people call us for help, their focus is on getting the best care possible. We help them understand their benefits and their options. This part of their lives matters a lot to them and it matters just as much to us. Our customer service teams have a serious responsibility to make every contact informative, productive, positive, and memorable for what it says about how much we care.
Positions in this function are responsible for providing expertise and customer service support to members, customers, and/or providers. Direct phone-based customer interaction to answer and resolve a wide variety of inquiries.
- Provide excellent customer service
- Constantly meet established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards
Respond to complex customer calls
- Resolve customer service inquiries which could include:
- Benefit and Eligibility information
- Billing and Payment issues
- Customer material requests
- Physician assignments
- Authorization for treatment
- Explanation of Benefits (EOB)
- Moderate work experience within own function
- Some work is completed without established procedures
- Basic tasks are completed without review by others
- Supervision/guidance is required for higher level tasks
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Bilingual Spanish/English is required
- 2+years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems
- An education level of at least a high school diploma or GED OR 10 years of equivalent working experience
- Moderate proficiency with Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Ability to navigate a computer while on the phone
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Available to work 40 hours per week anytime within the operating hours of the site
- Prior stable work experience
UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
- Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands/fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, long periods working at a computer
- Service center environment with moderate noise level due to Representatives talking, computers, printers, and floor activity
Imagine joining a group of professionals and clinicians who are working to improve health care for people over 50. Consider the influence you can have on the quality of care for millions of people. Now, enhance that success with enthusiasm you can really feel.
That's how it is at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. Everyday, we're collaborating to improve the health and well being of the fastest growing segment of our nation's population. And we're doing it with an intense amount of dedication.
Here, you will discover a culture that grows through challenge. That evolves by being flexible. That succeeds by staying true to our mission to make health care work effectively and efficiently for seniors. Put your best to work for us, and discover extraordinary opportunities for growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
UnitedHealth Group is the most diversified health care company in the United States and a leader worldwide in helping people live healthier...