The Ophthalmic Technician performs patient screening, testing, and evaluation in preparation for the patient’s appointment with a doctor. We are looking for a technician for our Wakefield location.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Obtain ophthalmic history from patient including the presenting complaint, past ocular history, illnesses, medications, allergies and reactions to drugs, etc.
- Prepare examination and treatment rooms
- Perform testing and evaluation to prepare the patient for doctors exam including visual acuity, color vision testing, keratometry, tonometry, both Goldmann and non-contact, lensometry, retinoscopy, exophthalmometry, Amsler grid, Schirmer test, pupil evaluation, anterior depth assessment, etc,
- Administer eye medications
- May assist physicians during minor surgical procedures.
- Maintain and calibrate ophthalmic and surgical instruments
- Working knowledge of eye anatomy, disease, symptoms, and ocular medications.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Exceptional Customer Experience – Understands and anticipates customer needs, takes action to meet customer’s needs. Strives to exceed customer expectations
- Proactive- Keep others informed. Ask for help when needed, brings service challenges to supervisor
- Drive for Results – Strives for improving the delivery of services with a commitment to continuous improvement
- Focus on Efficiency – Utilizes technology, innovation, and process improvements to continuously improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Teamwork- Participates as a team member and establishes strong working relationships with teammates and across the organization
- Celebrates Change- Receptive to new ideas and responds to changes with flexibility and optimism.
- Continues Learning and Improvement- Acknowledges own strengths and development needs and works to strengthen capabilities
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Completion of Ophthalmic Technician training and certification as a COT preferred but not required.
- Three- Five years of experience
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Sitting, Standing, Bending, Reaching, Stooping, Walking and Lifting
- Ability to see, hear, and speak with sufficient capability to perform assigned tasks
- Driving independently to other facilities
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties to be performed.
Indeed - 12 months ago