Cable West Division
Comcast Cable is one of the nation's largest and most innovative video, high-speed Internet and phone providers. With nearly $12 billion in revenue and more than 21,000 employees, Comcast Cable's West Division has a powerful presence in the marketplace. Through its community investment program, Comcast Cares, more than 24,000 Comcast volunteers served communities in this 12-state division in 2012. Comcast ranks #49 on the Fortune 500 list and has a very strong foothold in both distribution and content segments of the entertainment industry. With the acquisition of a controlling stake of NBCUniversal in January 2011, it has created one of the world's largest media and entertainment companies. Comcast Cable operates in 39 states; with $38B in revenues and is revolutionizing the way we communicate content, information and data to our customers.
The Application Development Manager is responsible for managing a team of developers through the full lifecycle of internally developed and supported applications. They serve as subject matter experts and help guide and design business solutions in a highly complex and fluid environment. Development of processes and procedures that drive departmental efficiencies and improve performance and application stability is a key role of this position.
- Work with Application Support team to develop overall system support and maintenance plan including Service Levels, after hours support procedures, change control, and application development and implementation methodology.
- Identify areas of risk with system support and communicate to leadership. This may include risks for long term support, conflicting priorities, challenging timelines or technology roadblocks.
- Field new system requests and approve new system projects.
- Provide support to team in the areas of Issue Resolution and Roadblock removal.
- Serve as the advocate for the development team and interface with business leaders to ensure that expectations and priorities are met.
- Develop reporting benchmarks and metrics and drive the team toward common goals.
- Serve as a lead on large projects or projects with high visibility by assisting with project requirements, system specifications and ongoing project communication.
- Proactively work with users to ensure systems are meeting business needs.
- Develop system standards using .NET, C#, SQL Server and other Microsoft technologies.
project plans, allocating resources, prioritizing projects and tasks,
- Manages full life cycle of multiple systems projects by preparing
consistently monitoring and reporting project status and timelines, and
ensuring adherence to project specifications.
requirements and serves as a primary liaison and escalation point to
- Meets with Business Partners and users to understand system
users, Business Partners, other internal business units, and third party
project specifications, timelines, and allocation of all necessary
- Oversees the Application Development team, providing clear directives,
including planning, estimating, tracking and oversight, quality
- Coordinates the roll-out of new application releases.
- Manages and supports a team of Supervisors and Developers.
- Manages all the deliverables using Project Management techniques
management, risk management, and communication management.
limited to providing feedback and training as necessary, conducting
- Recruits, builds, and nurtures high performance team including but not
performance reviews and managing personnel issues within the team.
- Presents concepts and technical information in common terms to end
- Provides recommendations and input for hardware purchases and
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Information Sciences, Technology, Computer Science
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
Comcast is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug-Free workplace employer.
- 6-9 Years of object oriented programming experience.
- Solid TSQL skillset and experience supporting SQL Server.
- Experience developing ETL packages using Microsoft SSIS.
- Experience developing robust reporting solutions using Microsoft SSAS.
- Experienced C# .NET development.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 4+ years managing a team of developers
Comcast - 19 months ago
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online...