Operates, maintains and monitors landfill gas extraction systems, leachate collections systems and other systems at company landfills.
The following responsibilities are general duties that a particular employee in this position may or may not be required to perform. The actual duties required of this position will vary.
• Assists with, or conducts, environmental sampling including ground water, surface water, air monitoring and gas migration.
• Takes and records gas measurements in the landfill well field and at probes at the landfill boundary.
• Troubleshoots LFG systems.
• Manages and troubleshoots leachate system.
• Performs all tasks in a safe and efficient manner and adheres to all safety regulations pertaining to each job assignment (i.e., wear safety glasses, respirators, hearing/personal protective equipment).
• Prepares and submits reporting data under supervisor or manager.
• Performs surveying activities.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should submit resumes and salary requirements by clicking "Apply Now". Please reference Job Title and Job #3473-5-13, this job posting will close on 3/5/13.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION:
• Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D. certification
• Previous experience working at sites regulated by OSHA.
• Previous experience with LFG and/or leachate systems.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The following physical activities or abilities are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual requirements of this position will vary.
• Access the landfill(s) and utilize required tools and equipment.
REPRESENTATIVE MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND/OR SOFTWARE USED:
The following machines, tools, equipment and/or software are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. Actual machines, tools, equipment and/or software used will vary.
• Machines including, but not limited to, pH meter and gas detecting equipment.
• Personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, gloves, boots, safety glasses and safety vest.
ENVIRONMENTAL/ATMOSPHERIC WORKING CONDITIONS:
The following environmental/atmospheric working conditions are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual working conditions will vary.
• Travel by air and/or car up to 75% of the time.
• Exposure to extreme weather conditions.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Republic Services is a dynamic company that offers a competitive salary and benefits package including major medical coverage, supplemental insurance programs, retirement benefits, and paid vacation and holidays.
Republic Services promotes a drug-free and alcohol-free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug testing.
Republic Services - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -