This is a critical leadership role within PWI IT Operations with accountability for the day-to-day IT operational stability of Fidelity’s desktop application environment supporting global call-center and back-office (business operations) representatives. This management role will provide leadership direction and guidance to a team of technical associates located across multiple Fidelity locations. Individual in this role should be passionate about customer service and achieving IT service excellence. This position requires the individual to build, maintain and leverage relationships with IT development and business partners to proactively identify, communicate, and resolve technical issues that could impact the business line effectiveness and service delivery to Fidelity’s customers. The position requires a mix of proven experience in IT process operations and client facing customer skills. The Director will create and contribute in the development of policies, procedures, and measureable service levels. The manager in this role is accountable for ensuring the team effectively executes against defined goals.
- Understand Call-Center/Back-Office business and drive accountability for results through policies/procedures, risk management, staffing, measurements and other processes.
- Foster relationships with other IT and business partners to drive efficiency and effectiveness with regularly scheduled visits with site managers and representatives.
- Partner with business to develop and participate in meaningful representative survey roundtables resulting in action plans to address key concerns.
- Prioritize initiatives for the team in support of the organization's goals while creating a positive, productive climate.
- Create a motivational climate where employees are empowered to provide extraordinary customer service.
- Create partnerships and influence individuals at all levels.
- Manage conflict and crisis situations effectively.
- Foster innovation through the encouragement and support of employees who take informed risks.
- Develop and manage succession plan for the team.
Education and Experience:
Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree
- 8-10 years of desktop platform, applications, and IT operations
- 5+ years experience in IT management and/or leadership roles
- Frequent travel is required (50%)
About Fidelity Investments
- Call-Center (phone site)/Backoffice operational knowledge and expertise
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to achieve results through influence and operate effectively
- Recognize cross functional implications and interdependencies of decisions
- Strong knowledge of industry IT compliance and regulatory requirements
- Strong leader with ability to develop individuals and team
- Proven success in effectively communicating and influencing to all levels of leadership and management
- Accountable for end to end oversight and governance of strategic, complex initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to drive excellence in the client and participant experiences and service delivery
- Ability to interact with senior level management both internal and client contacts
Fidelity Investments is one of the world's largest providers of financial services. Founded in 1946, the firm is a leading provider of investment management, retirement planning, portfolio guidance, brokerage, benefits outsourcing and many other financial products and services to more than 20 million individuals and institutions, as well as through 5,000 financial intermediary firms. For more information about Fidelity Investments, visit
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Yes, 50 % of the Time
Fidelity Investments has a rich and proud history of making financial expertise accessible and effective in helping people live the lives...