The Vice President will be responsible for advancing the interests of Time Warner Inc. and its divisions on public policy issues, and play a key role in the strategic development and implementation of the Company's public policy agenda. The Vice President will also provide ongoing public policy advice and analysis to Time Warner Inc. and division executives.
Education, Certificates and Licenses:
- Assist with strategic development and implementation of legislative and public policy agenda for Time Warner Inc. and its divisions.
- Provide ongoing policy advice and analysis to division executives to help guide key business decisions.
- Design and oversee execution of policy initiatives to achieve legislative objectives through direct advocacy, and working with industry coalitions, trade associations and third party groups.
- Coordinate outreach and education efforts on business initiatives and public policy priorities of Time Warner Inc. and its divisions with key constituencies on Capitol Hill and within the Administration.
- Build and leverage relationships with Company executives and external stakeholders.
Minimum Bachelor's Degree. Law Degree strongly preferred.
Specialized Knowledge (i.e. language skills):
- Minimum 10 years of public policy experience working in government, law firms and/or corporations.
- Background in media/communications policy is strongly preferred.
- Must have a successful track record in working directly with senior executives/senior government officials on the development and implementation of public policy initiatives.
- The ideal candidate will possess a high level of political acumen and have trusted relationships with key Members of Congress and congressional staff.
Knowledge of legislative procedure and the ability to analyze and interpret legislative and statutory language is required.
- Must have excellent analytical, writing and interpersonal skills.
- An ability to work collaboratively while demonstrating initiative and independent thinking.
- A capacity to communicate complex public policy issues to key executives in an understandable and relevant manner.
Time Warner - 2 years ago