The DuPont Crop Protection Products group has an immediate opening for an
with a strong Power and Machinery background and whole farm data management systems experience.
The successful candidate will join the Application Technology group located at the DuPont Crop Protection R&D center in Newark, DE. The position may require 10 – 20% domestic and international travel. The position involves development of novel technologies integrated with farm management systems for crop protection chemicals including product delivery, product application, seed treatment, planter technology, and product handling both on-farm and at the distribution channel. The successful applicant will have excellent communication, project management, farming and grower experience, and leadership skills as well as strong theoretical knowledge and hands-on experience in one or more areas including product application equipment, product delivery, and downstream handling and product storage design. This position requires a multidisciplinary approach and a person who can take a leading role in both conceptual design and experimental validation of new technologies within a collaborative team of project managers, marketing, regulatory staff, field development reps, supply chain managers, biologists, formulation chemists, and engineers.
- Applies engineering technology and knowledge of biological sciences to agricultural problems concerned with Power and Machinery and product delivery and processing of agricultural products integrated with whole farm data management systems: Develops criteria for design, manufacture, or construction of prototypes, equipment, structures, and containers.
- Designs and uses sensing, measuring, data loggers, telemetry, recording devices and instrumentation to study issues such as the effects of temperature, humidity, and light, on the flow rates, attrition, reliability, delivery accuracy & performance of crop protection products when applied to crops.
- Designs and directs manufacture of equipment for land tillage, planting, and fertilization; systemic, foliar, seed, and soil applications for weed, disease, and insect control; and for harvesting or moving commodities.
- Designs and supervises erection of equipment for product application, handling & storage, provides training and writes safety & operating instructions. Networks with domestic and international standards organizations such as ASABE, ISO, CEN, and ASTM to promote and for familiarity with Ag Industry design standards and trends.
- Designs and supervises installation of equipment and instruments used to evaluate and process crop protection products, and to automate agricultural operations.
- Provides urgent in-season customer support and conducts educational programs to provide assistance to Business leaders, sales & marketing reps, farmers and related farm cooperatives.
PhD in Agricultural Engineering with specialization in Power and Machinery
DuPont is a global Fortune 100 company, operating in 70 countries today. We are looking for people who have a passion for delivering innovative, sustainable solutions that meet our customer needs for a better, healthier, safer life.
- Experience in Agricultural engineering with an Agricultural business
- Strong desire to commercialize technology and a result-oriented mentality
- Knowledge of telemetry & sensing equipment commonly in use on current agricultural equipment (planters, combines, sprayers) and associated integrated farm data management systems.
- Excellent project management, planning, prioritization and leadership skills
- Experience with process equipment, prototyping, and lab to pilot scale processing issues
- Strong analytical, technical, and computer skills for electronic program interfaces
- Good working knowledge of Agricultural products formulations and delivery systems
- Experience working on or leading multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Experience in developing strong team interactions
DuPont offers an exciting place to work where thousands of innovations are introduced every year. You will have opportunities for growth through involvement in various dynamic industries from high-tech to high-performance; including agriculture, nutrition, electronics, communications, safety and protection, home and construction, transportation, and apparel.
At DuPont, you will find sustainability in our vision, our business and your future. If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join DuPont and discover The miracles of science™.
Successful candidate will need to be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation.
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer and an E-Verify employer.
Research & Development
North America-USA-Delaware-NEWARK-STINE-HASKELL [DUPONT](1147)
CROP PROTECTION - AD58123
Doctorate Degree (over 19 years)
Yes, 25 % of the Time
DuPont - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -
E. I. du Pont de Nemours (also known simply as DuPont) wants to coat your car, feed your crops, and decrease your dependence on fossil...