The Account Associate is responsible for building effective relationships with Athenahealth clients that result in high-levels of client satisfaction and retention. The Account Associate acts in a consultative manner across an assigned book of business to ensure clients optimize financial and clinical performance using existing athenaNet products and services and/or by driving the up-sell/x-sell of additional products and services to satisfy customers’ business needs.
The Account Associate coordinates all aspects of client interaction, develops conference call and meeting agendas and leads meetings involving the client, Athena operations, sales and support personnel.
Additionally, the Account Associate s responsible for driving and tracking key projects identified and ratified by both the client and Athena. The Account Associate is responsible for understanding contract terms and working with management to ensure that client contract terms are met.
The Account Associate has demonstrated an ability to address complex business issues in a professional environment and build effective relationships with clients.
The Account Associate will report directly to an Account Manager, Senior Account Manager, Director or Vice President of Client Development.
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
· Perform direct account service responsibilities for Athena clients in accordance with the applicable segment's service model
· Maintain relationship with key client contacts that fosters an environment to drive client performance and minimize attrition risk (e.g., Billing Managers, Physicians, etc.)
· Perform periodic review of client’s use of Athena services and advise on ways to improve performance (e.g., PPR)
· Establish and facilitate regularly scheduled meetings (mostly via phone) with assigned clients to discuss key success metrics and Athena campaigns
· Develop and maintain an understanding of best practices to use in coaching our clients to success
· Achieve department scorecard goals including client satisfaction, revenue and performance metrics
· Understand and ensure ongoing adherence to clients' contract terms
· Maintain an awareness and understanding of healthcare industry changes
· Identify X-sell/up sell opportunities for Athena products & services; work w/Sales to track operations and help facilitate &/or guide the sales process
· Enforce company's policies and procedures as articulated in the Policy Manual, Compliance Plan and any other departmental policy documents
· Demonstrate commitment to Athena’s Corporate Compliance Code; including escalation of all compliance issues through the chain of command and to the company's Compliance Officer and/or General Counsel
· Other duties as assigned.
Account Associate will demonstrate the following Role-specific Competencies:
· Integrating - Synthesize data, generate alternative scenarios to solve problems and draw business conclusions. Write using spare, transparent, clear logic and format.
· Hypothesizing - Proactively generate ideas and potential scenarios to guide analysis.
Presenting Ideas - Share information and complex ideas in a clear and compelling manner through effective public speaking, documentation and use of visual aids.
· Executing Projects - Manage your own participation in long-term, multi-stage projects and communicate mid-course about project management (status, input, timelines).
All Athena employees must demonstrate the following Foundational Competencies:
· Integrity - We understand and follow our Integrity Standards, and we inspire others with our fair and responsible behavior.
· Learning - We avidly pursue new knowledge, experience, information, understanding and skills. We listen to what others have to teach us and we proactively seek out additional information and tools.
· Teaching - We take time out of our work days to share what we know with our fellow Athenistas.
· Teamwork - We work together, putting group success over personal gain. We are flexible, both in terms of adapting to a changing business environment and in being open to different perspectives.
The ideal Account Associate candidate has the following background and experience:
· Bachelor of Science degree preferred
· 2 – 5 years of relevant professional experience
· 0 -- 2 years of Specific Experience in Account Management or a Customer Service Capacity
· 0 – 2 Years of Specific Experience in Direct Sales, Sales Engineering or a Demonstrated Ability to Influence Decisions
· Working Knowledge of the Revenue Cycle and/or exposure to EMR in a Sales, Services or Implementation Capacity is beneficial although not required
· Strong organizational and communication skills
· Occasional travel (5 – 10%) may be required
athenahealth, Inc. is a leading provider of web-based business services for medical groups. athenahealth’s service offerings are based on proprietary web-native practice management and electronic health record (EHR) software, a continuously updated payer knowledge-base, integrated back-office service operations, and automated and live patient communication services
- 2 years ago - save job
athenahealth knows that managing physician practices can result in a splitting headache, especially when patients are late paying bills or...