Sport Chalet has been a leader in the specialty sporting goods arena for over 50 years. With stores in Arizona, California, Nevada and Utah, Sport Chalet is renowned for providing a level of service that is unparalleled in the retail sporting goods industry. In an effort to support our store-level teams, we are seeking individuals with an active lifestyle to join our retail sales division. Our dynamic team strives to enhance the customers shopping experience, and is driven not to be the biggest, but the BEST.
As a department head, you will oversee a department within the store. You will ensure a memorable, consistent customer shopping experience by maintaining our exceptional standard of customer service. You will be responsible for overseeing a team while coaching, training, and developing your staff. You must be a highly motivated team player with an ambitious personality. You must also be friendly and outgoing, goal oriented, and driven to satisfy customers. This is a lead sales associate position within the department.
Skills / Requirements
A varied schedule will include day, evening, and weekend shifts.
- Directly accountable for overall sales, training and performance of the department
- Heavy interaction with customers at all levels
- Service and repair customer merchandise according to established guidelines
- Resolve customer problems efficiently and tactfully
- Complete necessary documentation and paperwork neatly and accurately
- Comply with industry procedures and regulations
- Remain current on trends and technology
- Adhere to safety procedures regarding use of tools and equipment
- Maintain an organized and clean work area
- Demonstrate proficiency in selling skills and technical skills within the department
- Flex staff to accommodate the needs of the business
- Implement merchandising/sales directives to meet company guidelines
- Execute floor moves as directed by the visual team
- Develop and enhance management skills while leading by example
- Train, coach, develop, and review direct reports
- Interview applicants and make hiring recommendations
- Execute the day-to-day operational functions of the department
- Work closely with visual merchandising team
*Technicians must successfully complete Company approved, area-specific certification process.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills
- Must be 18 years of age
- Passionate about your interests
- Prefer at least 1 year experience in retail sales
- Prefer at least 1 year experience as a bike mechanic
- Able to lead
- Strong communication skills
Sport Chalet is a drug-free, equal opportunity employer. We offer dynamic career opportunities with growth potential and generous discounts.
For those who play, there's Sport Chalet. The sporting goods retailer operates 50-plus stores mostly in California, but also in...