The Program Manager’s role is to oversee the day-to-day effectiveness of the PMO in campaign management while routinely providing supervision across multiple campaigns through final delivery of campaign assets. They typically work as a team leader providing guidance and mentorship in creating and managing schedules, resource planning and management, process optimization and improvement, partnering and cultivating relationships with stakeholders – locally and globally, and performing liaison activities with Business Director.
The Program Manager is responsible for following and refining overarching PMO workflow structure, processes and procedures, reporting metrics of success, and dependency deliverables. Program Management involves regular reviews for accountability and successful management of campaigns, stakeholder expectations, contingency planning, and risk mitigation.
As a people manager, PGM is responsible for: supporting and supervising a staff of project managers who own campaigns; assessing training needs for process tools and workflows; recognizing areas for internal improvement and developing plans for implementing them; performing team assessment and performance evaluations; lending expertise to the team when desired; guiding and coaching the team to delivery top performance. The PGM will be called on to function as a Project Manager on new and complex campaigns.
What Global Deployment (GD) does?
From the very beginning of a global campaign, GD plugs into and participates in the entire campaign lifecycle to ensure the creative is localizable - strategically and tactically - in markets and is delivered on time. GD provides the client with market-specific cultural information for our client to make informed decisions, and to help the Agencies of Record plan production of assets optimized for localization.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in Program Management/Supervisor of Project Managers
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in advertising environment
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in Microsoft/ interactive/software environment
- Proven history:
- in managing multi-element projects and campaigns
- of strong communication skills - both written and oral
- of managing teams in a senior or leadership position
- in managing campaigns at a global level
- of understanding of creative file formats & basic knowledge of their originator software
- in understanding advertising standard deliverables (web, digital, print, social, commercial…etc.)
- A Plus: Knowledge of PMI PMBOK® guidelines or PMP certified
Wunderman - 22 months ago
If you've ever felt the need to "Be a Pepper," you can thank Young & Rubicam Brands (Y&R). As the advertising and...