GGP has an immediate need for Assistant General Counsel - Corporate Securities based at GGP's corporate office in Chicago.
General Growth Properties has been in the shopping center business for more than 50 years, blending innovation, tradition and reputation to create some of the country’s top shopping centers. As employees, we are collaborative, creative, self starters who aim to positively impact the shopping experience for our customer everyday. A career with GGP is your chance to embark on a rewarding journey in to the retail real estate industry!
Working closely with business units, including accounting, finance, tax, executive management and outside counsel and under the direction of the VP & Sr Associate General Counsel & Secretary, this position will be responsible for handling general corporate and securities matters, including SEC reporting and compliance, NYSE listing standards, Sarbanes-Oxley, subsidiary maintenance and restructuring, and other corporate governance matters.
- Drafts, coordinates and/or reviews all SEC filings (Form 3, 4, 5, 8-K’s, 10-Q, 10-K, Proxy Statement, etc.)
- Provides guidance regarding the company’s investor relations and other disclosure activities
- Assists in administering the company’s securities trading compliance policy and other governance-related policies
- Ensures compliance with SEC and NYSE rules and regulations
- Works with directors and executive officers on Section 16 and other equity matters
- Assists in the preparation of information for board meetings and the annual meeting of stockholders
- Provides support for other governance and compliance activities as assigned
- Drafts or reviews documents related to subsidiary maintenance and restucturing
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications include the following:
A J.D. from a leading law school, with proven academic success
Minimum of 4 years relevant commercial real estate and lending experience (retail experience a plus) with a law firm and/or corporation
Outstanding client management skills, with an ability to inspire confidence and trust with a variety of clients
Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to interface with people at all levels, by virtue of professional competence, personal integrity, and personal style
Flexibility and strong analytic ability
Proven success in managing multiple tasks and priorities
A dedication and commitment to practicing law in a fast-paced, team-focused environment
General Growth Properties, Inc. - 18 months ago
General Growth Properties (GGP) has an idea for an economic stimulus plan: Let's all hang out at the mall! GGP is the country's #2...