• This is a global, strategic sourcing position responsible for developing and executing sourcing strategies for the assigned category of spend that deliver value to the business by reducing risk, improving quality, and reducing costs.
• This includes leading cross-functional teams & interfacing with key internal clients to understand their sourcing needs, performing market research, devising sourcing strategies, and executing including the sourcing execution (eg, competitive bidding, partnership development, consolidation/reducing complexities of the buy, etc.) and negotiation of contracts.
• In addition, this role leads supplier relationship management by partnering with the assigned business units to develop and track key supplier performance metrics.
• Develop sourcing strategies within assigned category. This includes obtaining business requirements from key internal clients, leading cross-functional sourcing teams, conducting market research, and sourcing strategy creation from these two pieces of due diligence
• Execution of sourcing strategies. This includes leading cross-functional teams, developing and managing the sourcing implementation plans, and performing all business-related functions of the sourcing initiative, negotiating contracts, and transitioning to the business units for physical implementation
• Supplier relationship management. This includes development and tracking of key performance indicators for the category of spend, facilitating key/strategic supplier-company business meetings, and supporting key operational due diligence efforts (eg, being a SME during quality audits, interpretation of contracts and obligations therein, attending quarterly business reviews with strategic partners, etc.)
• Category maintenance. This includes contract life-cycle management (eg, renewing expiring contracts, updating pricing annually, etc.), category databases (eg, refreshing internal business requirement/impact metrics, supplier capabilities database, etc.), scanning the marketplace for changes and managing any known or potential business impact and developing risk mitigation plans
• Continuous Improvement. This includes both department/category business process improvements (eg, enhancements to the sourcing process, development or revision of key sourcing procedures, etc.) and personal development
• Inventory Management. This includes management of specified inventories at specified manufacturing locations (eg, review and approval of purchase requests to ensure supply of materials needed for product manufacture while minimizing inventory write-offs)
Supply Chain, Global Operations
• Minimum of 8 years of experience working within the Biotech/Pharmaceutical or supply chain field
• Minimum of 4 years working in a GMP environment with understanding of regulations.
• Experience negotiating contracts
• Experience working in a matrix environment with indirect reporting structures
• Specialized technical expertise in one or more of the following areas (operations, supply chain, biotech/pharma, GMP’s, sourcing, business acumen)
• Ability to communicate effectively with business unit clients that the category supports (many of which are technical in nature); Excellent presentation skills
• Regularly contributes to development of new or enhancement of existing business process methodologies and tools.
Enhancement and execution of processes and procedures
• Initiates new project proposals in pursuit of corporate, divisional and business unit objectives
• Bachelor’s Degree
Biogen Idec - 17 months ago
Biogen Idec (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a global leader in the discovery, development and delivery of innovative therapies to improve the lives of...