Christian Layman Church, a non-denominational predominantly Asian American church in the San Francisco East Bay Area is seeking a full-time Adult Discipleship and Youth Pastor. The primary focus of this role is people. This person will intentionally develop disciples of Christ (characterized by their love for God, others, and service to the world) who in turn go on to make other disciples. The goal of this position is twofold: to develop disciples among the adults of our church, one-on-one, and in small groups, supporting ministry teams, and to develop disciples of Christ in the youth ministry (20+ youth), primarily outside of Sunday service. The Pastor reports to and works directly with the Lead Pastor.
1. A mature believer of Jesus Christ, with passion, skill, and experience in discipleship and leadership development.
2. Candidate must have a great love for people and in building community.
3. Able teacher, clear communicator, proven ability to teach from the Scriptures in a practical and compelling way.
4. Ability to manage, develop, and partner with youth and adult ministry teams.
5. Self-starter with strong people skills, teachable spirit, able to work with a team, and willing to go the extra mile.
6. Lifestyle consistent with the church’s mission and vision statements.
Adult Discipleship – 50%
• Meet with individual leaders and small groups for personal leadership development and ministry empowerment.
• Teaching and training responsibilities in various formats (congregation, home groups, Sunday School class, staff team, and one-on-one)
• Develop the community of the church in depth and richness of relationship.
Youth Ministry – 50%
• Meet regularly with team of youth leaders and adult counselors for training, support, recruitment, and vision casting.
• Develop the youth ministry community in the depth and richness of spiritual family.
• Teach from the Scriptures, and lead Bible studies, for small to medium sized groups.
We desire to fill this position as soon as possible. Qualified individuals should send a cover letter stating why this position is for you along with a resume to:
Discipleship Pastor Search
Christian Layman Church-Office
10290 San Pablo Ave., #201
El Cerrito, CA. 94530
Or email: info christianlayman.org
COMPENSA TION: This will be a full-time pastoral role with salary and benefits based upon experience.
ChristianCareerCenter.com - 6 months ago