Req Number: 2372BR
Position Title: Sector Manager
Contract Type: Established/Permanent
Position Type: Full Time
Advertised Salary £40,000 to £50,000
Place of Work: Coventry
Country: United Kingdom
Business Unit: Work Based Learning
Business Unit Information: .
The role of the Sector Manager for Pearson WBL is to develop,monitor and review the qualification and service strategy for a given sector. This will contribute to Pearson WBL long term vision to be a market leader and Awarding Organisation of choice in the WBL sector for qualifications,learning content,technology solutions and assessment.
Key Role-Specific Deliverables:
Key Customers & Stakeholders:
- Define sector objectives; confirming target markets and customers and corresponding value propositions to set future marketing mix priorities and developing sector-specific tactical and longer term strategic initiatives to ensure business targets can be met
- Develop products and services that are targeted to sector needs and embedding assessment, content and technology in the proposition
- Define product/service offering, identifying new product development opportunities and managing the product/service performance lifecycle
- Provide sector specific inputs (e.g. pricing scenario analysis) into the overarching pricing discussions for Pearson WBL products and services
- Develop sector insight and track sector performance, working collaboratively with Business Improvement to understand market, customer, and sector opportunities
- Monitor Pearson WBL’s performance by sector against identified opportunities, targets and plans and take corrective actions when necessary
- Ensure new qualifications are included and appropriately funded within relevant funding frameworks (eg LARA, Apprenticeships, Section 96 etc)
- Sector Bodies
- Funding Agencies
- Key Government Departments
- Learning Providers
Desirable Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
1)Experience within the vocational qualifications market
2)Experience of working in a regulated environment
3)Professional qualification in project management, assessment or related discipline
4)Working in a work based learning sector for a minimum of 4 years
5)Experience and Knowledge of the training and development needs of employers and learners in the Engineering, Manufacturing and/or automotive sector or transport and logistics sector
6) Knowledge of the challenges facing the work based learning sector and the ability to turn these into opportunities for Pearson WBL.
7) Knowledge of qualifications, including Apprenticeships is essential
Analysis and review of market information and data, data management, market research, working to tight timescales, report writing, presentation skills, articulate,numerate, Influencing and negotiation skills.
Pearson Education - 14 months ago
Pearson is an international media company with world-leading businesses in education, business information, and consumer publishing. Our...