The International Information Programs Video team creates content that includes visually compelling stories that advance the State Department's dialogue with foreign audiences by illustrating ideals that shape the American experience. Through personal stories, expert interviews and vignettes from around the country and the world, these videos are meant to engage international audiences. Primescape Solutions is looking for a Technical Advisor to add to the team to oversee and manage the technical infrastructure of the video production office including software, hardware, a complete media management server and applicable vendor relations.
* Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance *
• Responsibilities include management and administration of devices, hardware, software and apps including Final Cut Pro, Adobe CS Suite, Mac video production laptops, iPads, encrypted flash drives, media management XSAN system, LTO backup archive, Compressor cluster, Final Cut Server GUI, plug-ins, Telestream Episode Cluster, Open Directory, font library server application, subtitling and captioning programs.
• Responsible for the upkeep of equipment used in studio and in the field.
• Ability to explain technical theories, new technologies to decision makers who may not be fluent in production; including making recommendations of products to procure.
• Ability to interface with an in-house technical/IT staff and assist with their needs and requirements and liaison with a contracted technical support team.
• Manage the ordering and accountability of technical office supplies.
• Must stay aware of changing trends in the media landscape and keep the office on track to be innovative and current.
• Previous studio technical experience a plus, including the ability to operate and maintain a fully functioning studio; including lights, cameras, video decks and switcher.
• Work to train staff on proper workflow procedures, software and hardware and have a strong understanding of how to write documentation for SOPs.
• Must have strong communications skills – verbal, written and presentation.
• Must have a strong technical understanding and ability to pick up new programs and troubleshoot problems quickly.
• Interest in learning new technologies.
• Good independent work skills, but also function as part of a team.
• Function well in a fast-paced environment.
• Robust knowledge of video compressions and various video formats, including streaming, DVD authoring and conversions.
• Moderate to advanced experience working with and troubleshooting video software and hardware, XSANs, LTOs, IT infrastructure.
• Familiarity with Mac administration on Snow Leopard and Lion, including Terminal commands and scripting a plus.
• Must be self-motivated and have the ability to take direction from others.
• Must be available for adjusted work hours and occasional travel.
Education and Training: