Reference Code: 13004103
Location: Miami, FL, US
Education Level: Master's Degree
The Head of LATAM Direct Custody and Clearing will have five primary areas of responsibility for the LATAM region: 1) Financial Performance; 2) Product Development; 3) Sales Support and Business Development; 4) Risk & Control, 5) Regulatory Support and Market Management. The span of control for this position includes 6 direct staff and matrixed reporting from LATAM country management and staff. A Description
of the key areas of responsibility is provided below:
- Financial Performance: The position will have full P&L responsibility for the LATAM Direct Custody and Clearing business across the existing 8 markets and the additional 2-3 markets planned for 2012 and beyond. The LATAM Head will also manage all budgeting, forecasting, reporting and business reviews processes both with local markets and with the DCC global organization. DCC Latam.
- Product Development: The position will manage the LATAM product development function, including project prioritization and implementation and technology budget management. The position will also lead the innovation programs in the region, focusing on such current priorities as collateral management, derivative processing, middle office capabilities, connectivity, and back office outsourcing solutions. In addition, it will approve the Product Programs of each countries’ DCC business, including regulatory impact to foreign and local investors.
- Service Management: As a premium service provider and due to the high market share, DCC Latam has a Defensive Strategy to maintain and protect existent revenues (65% of Total SFS LATAM revenue). Therefore, DCC Latam Regional Product head has a key role to ensure the service levels provided to the existent clients are in line with client requirements, business growth and increased of complexity in the last few years in this industry.. He or she is responsible to manage Senior Service Review, (Monthly, Qtrly, or annually) both in US and Europe in conjunction with Client Executive organization and Service Areas in the region (Tampa and Local Product teams). He or she will be responsible to execute Action Plan upon service review results throughout the organization with different areas (Tech, Ops, Service, Local Product, Legal etc)
- Sales Support and Business Development: The Head of LATAM Direct Custody and Clearing will assist the DCC product sales function for the region, and will set sales and client penetration targets in conjunction with business partners. The position is also expected to lead senior calling programs with target clients as well as key clients in the region and lead client development initiatives where appropriate.
- Risk and Control: The Head of LATAM Direct Custody and Clearing will have responsibility to ensure that branches and regional functions have acceptable risk and controls environments.
- Regulatory Support and Market Management: Implement and maintain a comprehensive market advocacy program in the region, establishing a close working relationship with key regulatory and market participant individuals.
INCUMBENT PERFORMANCE VS. STANDARDS
- Performance driven person.
- Very strong communication skills (written and presentation).
- Very strong ability to achieve results working through others.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Works well collaborating across functional lines and geographies
- Organization savvy
- Excellent Client Management skills
- Thorough knowledge of the Latam securities markets (regulatory and operational).
- At least 10 years experience in the Latam securities markets.
- Experience managing multiple large client relationships
- College Degree necessary; MBA a plus.
- Fluent Spanish and Portuguese a strong plus.
Citi - 19 months ago
Citi is today's pre-eminent financial services company and was built to create a highly diversified financial services company that could...