Responsible for deploying infrastructure, monitoring system health, and making repairs to servers in a linux-based environment. Please note that a solid understanding of the Linux command line is essential to succeed in this role.
- Racking/Configuring servers
- Installing/Configuring operating systems
- Installing devices (switches, PDUs, etc.)
- Server repair (physical/software layers)
- Shipping/Receiving of equipment/RMAs
- Data center inventory/asset tracking
- Maintenance of a safe/clean work environment
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources.
- Adept at conducting research into product- and service-related issues.
- Be self-motivated, confident, energetic, and creative.
- Can conform to shifting priorities in spending strategies, product demands and purchasing timelines through analytical capabilities.
- Communicate excellently in verbal and in writing with all kinds of people.
- Customer service skills an asset.
- Effectively communicate and make best use of interpersonal skills.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Experience in managing others preferred.
- Good team player and should meet or exceed team goals.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Should be able to deliver creative and innovative thoughts and solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Work collaboratively and efficaciously as a team member.
- 6 months -- 1 year related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Demonstrated use of intermediate computer operations (basic programming in 3rd and 4th generation languages, relational databases, and operating systems) and intermediate software packages (word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.).
New Dream Network, LLC. - 19 months ago