Innovation Lab - Big Data Systems Administrator (USA)-731440
Capital One Labs is a passionate team of entrepreneurs, who are reimagining the way more than 60 million people interact with their money. Our job is to create products and prototypes that will delight Capital One customers. In a world where the phone becomes a friend we get to design the conversation around payments. What that means is we have an agenda to crank out the user experiences that will push Capital One into the future. It's an exciting, unconstrained position to be in and Capital One wants us to push the envelope to explore “the art of the possible”.
The ideal candidate for the Big Data Systems Integrator will be excited about dealing with real world questions using large data sets, some of them slightly messy, to better the customer experience. If working being on the cutting edge of the company knowing, involved with interesting problems, removing complexity for users and delivering them on an aggressive schedule motivates you, this job is for you.
Primary objectives of this role will be to provide the lab’s developer community with reliable environments to design, test, and launch new digital products and features. This team member will also be responsible for working with Capital One tech leads, engineers, architects and developers to ensure lab systems adhere with corporate system, compliance, and security standards
- Responsible for the day to day operations of Capital One Labs’ growing Innovation Lab infrastructure.
- Provide design level input to future Innovation Lab initiatives.
- Work with internal managed service providers, and external ASPs to configure and manage environments.
- Manage lab hosting activities and schedule based on needs of development community.
- Function as a part of the development team for short term and ongoing projects.
- Support lab beta environments (ensuring system Availability, Performance, Capacity, and Continuity through proper response to Incidents, events and problems).
- High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent Certification
- 4 years of experience in IT Development or Support
- 2 years of experience in Project Management
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, Math or Science
- Proven experience building and supporting Hadoop based technology in a professional setting.
- 2+ years proven experience with any of the following technologies: UNIX, Wintel, Networking, Storage, Data Security, Mainframe, Data Center Facilities, Python, Java or .net application hosting and/or development.
- Experience working with IT Architecture teams.
- Industry experience in Banking or Financial Services
- Experience in engaging and managing IT Vendors
- IT knowledge/experience: Incident Management, Problem Management, Release Management, Change Management, Capacity Management, Defect Management, SLA Management, Waiver and Risk Management.
- Experience installing and managing Linux distributions such as CentOS, Ubuntu & RHEL
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking and network design
- Strong skills in a high level scripting language such as Python or Perl and common unix tools such as bash, sed and awk etc.
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to balance multiple concurrent activities and manage time efficiently
- Experience with system recovery from backups and post-failure analysis
- Eager and willing to learn new skills and technologies
- Hands on working knowledge of tools like MySQL, Django, Solr and Hadoop
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We promote a drug-free work environment. We emphasize recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most qualified candidates and providing them with the opportunity to meet their potential. We provide an environment where differences lead to solutions.
Job : Information Technology
Primary Location : United States-New York-New York-Lwr Manh-32nd & Park-846 (22846)
Other Locations: United States-California-San Francisco-San Francisco-SF Caf (61057), United States-Virginia-Arlington-Arlington-Clarendon Center (12089)
Schedule : Full-time
Travel : No
Job Posting :
Unposting Date :