At Verizon, it’s our goal to advance every day. You can help us move ahead as we strengthen our position as a global communications leader. That starts with advancing our individuals. When they succeed, everyone succeeds.
Support a high performance forensic auditing and analytics team in its efforts to proactively identify control deficiencies within the business and improve the efficiency and precision of the audits. Responsibilities include the following: Act as data analytics subject matter expert on audit engagements, advise the business on channel or business unit risks utilizing enterprise data warehouse and data mining tools; coordinate with business for outside data source requirements. Design, develop, maintain and communicate forensic analysis, key risk dashboards, or risk models. Design and develop standard and ad-hoc reporting based on business requirement needs. Extract, normalize, analyze, review and report with respect to data efforts.
Identify and use appropriate investigative and analytical technologies to interpret and verify results. Coordinate with business to ensure follow-up and resolution of exceptions including specific individual resolution as well as root-cause analysis and control gap identification. Maintain databases and related programs in a thorough and efficient manner.
- BS/BA degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Accounting, Business, Finance or related field. MBA a plus. At least a 3.0/4.0 overall GPA or equivalent
- Requires a minimum of 3 – 5 years related work experience; knowledge of auditing, accounting, finance, economics a plus.
- Strong business analytical skills a must; ability to apply business logic to design and implement risk models and standard reporting, as well as ad-hoc reporting requests.
- Ability to interpret business requests as well as communicate findings in a user-friendly manner.
- Experience designing, developing, implementing and maintaining databases and programs to manage data analysis efforts.
- Experience in normalizing data to ensure it is homogeneous and consistently formatted to enable sorting, query and analysis.
- Experience in using and managing forensic technologies, including data analysis tools.
- A strong understanding of risk management methodology and factors.
- Highly proficient in one of the following: ACL, IDEA, SQL, Excel or Access.
- Strong Data Warehouse skills are a must.
- Demonstrated ability to work alone and within a team in a fast changing environment with changing priorities and changing time constraints.
- Strong ability to independently and proactively initiate projects, hypothesize business transaction flows and fraudulent scenarios and implement reporting based on those scenarios.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to write clear, concise reports and an ability to orally communicate effectively; organizational and documentation skills a must.
CFE, CPA, CISA, CIA preferred
Take your career to new heights at a company that's a leader in global communications: Verizon. We offer an unparalleled opportunity to advance your career while contributing in an enthusiastic, team-oriented environment.
Back to Search Results
What makes a great career? If you ask us, we’ll tell you that it’s the experience, the people and the sense of pride that comes...