We have an immediate opening for a full-time Linux savvy Server/Network Administrator located in the Atlanta area (Duluth, GA to be specific) to join our small team in a server and network administration role that's essential to supporting our products in the field.
You would be the person responsible for all aspects of the servers, local and remote, used to run the back-end of our product offering. This position obviously includes on-call and occasional emergency response overtime. (You own it, even though you didn't break it, and we want you to fix it...)
We are looking for the following things in the ideal candidate, the more you can check off, the better:
Salary competitive. Benefits standard (medical, dental, FSA, etc.)
- Extensive experience configuring/administering CentOS/RHEL/Fedora servers.
- Experience configuring/administering linux-based virtual servers.
- Configure and maintain networking software and hardware: iptables, Linux HA, managed switches, VPN appliances, load balancers.
- Experience administering a multi-tier web application infrastructure.
- Experience with supporting and tuning Apache, PHP, PostgreSQL, Subversion.
- Fluency in Python and shell programming desired.
- Excellent time management and task prioritization skills. The ability to work under pressure is a necessity.
- Extensive problem solving skills are required, especially in troubleshooting and optimizing production server environment.
- Realistic can-do attitude: realize what's possible, and figure out how to get it done, without being too optimistic or too pessimistic.
- Ability to work alone as well as harmoniously within a broader team required.
- Ability to discuss and document system processes and configuration.
- Experience interacting with internal customer service support to external customers desired.
- Not afraid to physically touch hardware when occasionally needed.
- Flexibility to work odd hours as needed during emergencies.
- IT security management and response.
- BS degree in Computer Science and 3+ years practical working experience.
Synerfac - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard