Intel Mobile Testing Laboratory Technician
Job Description: This position is for Lab Technician as part of the Standards & Advanced Technology Division within Intel's Mobile and Communications Group. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining network and computing infrastructure; troubleshooting and resolving network issues; control hardware and software revision and inventory; setting up and maintain configurations on networking equipments, support engineering teams with test setups and own general lab management responsibilities.
Job Responsibilities: Includes but not limited to providing support to install and configure network hardware and software; troubleshoot and resolve network issues; Interpret network practices, diagrams, specifications, drawings; Back up file server data/disks; Maintain and administer servers and testing platforms including services and user accounts; Troubleshoot hardware issues, Replace defective parts upon diagnosis, and maintain logs and inventory of equipment repairs; Investigate and resolve development and test systems; Install and configure Windows and Linux operating systems on various test platforms; Support development and test teams for lab bench setup and document best known methods on lab procedures. General lab administration responsibilities include: execute lab changes requested by engineering teams, HW and SW inventory administration.
Candidate should possess a High School/Equivalent degree with 10-15 years experience, or AA/AS degree with 6-10 years, or BS degree in Network Administration, Information Systems, or related discipline with 4-8 years of experience.
IT administration minimum requirements:
- 5 years of related experience supporting network operations
- Strong working knowledge of IT systems, architectures, project management methodologies and techniques; server hardware maintenance/troubleshooting across multiple server vendors.
- Hands on experience with networking gear such as router, switches, DHCP servers, Ethernet and fiber networks, etc.
- Hands on experience with most of the following areas: TCP/IP, Firewalls, Routing, Network Administration, DNS/DHCP, Proxy Servers, Windows 2008 Server, , Directory Services, Webservers+SQL, Unix, Linux, Solaris, SCSI RAID storage.
- Understanding of network communication protocols and network routing protocols
- Experience working with IT to establish lab networks and maintain a secure and protected environment
Lab administration minimum requirements:
- Detail oriented, well organized: capable to keep the labs clean and organized (from cable management all the way to spare parts storage)
- Responsible for off-site storage management of large unused lab items
- Responsible for scrapping or recycling of equipment that is not needed anymore
- Organize and maintain inventory databases for SW, HW, licenses, HW calibration schedules, spare parts, etc.
- Familiarity with Power, Cooling & Facilities Engineering and being able to work with external contracting resources in order to fulfill lab changes requested by engineering teams
- Experience in working with external suppliers and/or vendors for purchasing lab items.
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to follow through on multiple tasks and priorities.
-Cisco configuration experience including strong experience with core Cisco technologies such as VPN, Cisco routers/IOS, encryption, and firewalls
-Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and/or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
-Strong verbal, written, computer, technical, and presentation skills, including MS Visio and Project required
-Ability to work in a highly ambiguous and dynamic environment
-Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to be able to work as part of a multi-site team
Feb 7, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for...