Do you like fast paced, changing environments and using a variety of hardware platforms and architectures? We work to ensure critical services, in many languages, are available using some of the best tools and procedures in the market. Sound good? We want to hear from you!
Red Hat's Engineering Operations team is seeking a senior-level Systems Administrator to join their team in the Westford, MA office. Working in a highlydynamic environment, the role's main focus will be on maintaining the systems and services the Engineering Operations lab team provides. The successful candidate will work with the US Lab team to help develop, deploy and support the
applications and lab infrastructure that allow our Engineering Department to produce world class Open Source software.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems (RHCE preferred), a drive for success, and a passion for technology. The successful candidate will have outstanding troubleshooting skills and experience working with a wide variety of hardware and software platforms. They should be passionate about open source, and ideally have experience with open source technologies and methodologies. They will also provide technical leadership for Red Hat's Engineering lab leam, identify areas to improve, manage projects, and mentor junior admins. Primary job responsibilities
- Technical leadership, mentorship of junior staff
- Architecting development labs (Tier 1 Data Centers)
- Coordinating with management on projects and lab expansions
- Shell ninja
- Participating in on-call rotation
- Final escalation point for areas of expertise Required skills
- 5+ years of senior-level Unix/Linux system admin experience
- Linux operating system installation, configuration, upgrades, and maintenance experience
- Strongly prefer candidates that have earned RHCE certification; successful candidate must achieve and maintain RHCE or higher
- Familiarity with & maintenance of various types of industry hardware: x86, AMD64, EM64T, IA64, S390/S390x, PowerPC; IBM, HP, Dell, Fujitsu, NEC, SGI; BIOS, EFI, UEFI
- Administration of other OSs such as Solaris, Windows, AIX, HP/UX
- Networking technology and networking infrastructure services and protocols (DNS, DHCP, LDAP, Kerberos, NIS, PXE).
- Ability to write scripts (shell/Python/Perl)
- Experience managing applications and systems written in Perl, Python, Ruby & PHP
- Understanding of other languages (C, C++, java) a plus
- Experience with configuration management tools such as cfengine and puppet
- Configuration of Ethernet and storage switching
- Cisco (IOS, CatOS, SANOS, NX-OS), Brocade, qLogic
- Storage (NetApp, IBM DS, EMC)
- Virtualization (Xen/KVM, Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV), VMware)
- Able to quickly achieve a deep understanding of complex applications
- Experience using RPM and yum for software deployment
- Ability to read and interpret English language technical documents
- Ability to speak business level English
Red Hat, Inc. - 2 years ago
Red Hat doffs its cap to businesses that embrace open-source computing tools. The company dominates the market for Linux, the open-source...