BAE Systems provides a wide range of technical services support in developing and maintaining Identification systems (IDS) and Air Traffic Control (ATC) systems in support of NAWCAD 4.5.9. We seek a motivated and positive minded Engineer with experience in the Systems Engineering domain to join our cross functional, multi-disciplined teams.
The selected candidate will provide systems engineering support for the customer developing technical solutions for complex systems. This job will entail participation in programmatic and technical interchange meetings, review of technical documents, development of requirements and validation of system performance. This tasking will require working within an interdisciplinary working group of acquisition, engineering, system integration and technical professionals, and systems integration staff.
This position is located in scenic and historic Southern Maryland in the St. Mary's County Technology Corridor adjacent to the Patuxent River Naval Air Station.
Relocation assistance is available for qualified candidate. Applicants must be currently residing in or willing to relocate to St. Mary's County, Maryland or surrounding areas.
Please be sure to address all requirements of posted requisition in resume. Only resumes that include all requirements will be considered.
Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Systems Engineering
Ability to obtain a security clearance
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Minimum of 2 years experience to include the following:
- Reviews, develops and documents system level operational concepts
- Develops, allocates and manages system level requirements
- Reviews, develops and documents system designs and architectures
- Evaluates system designs and architectures and provides analysis and recommendations
- Analyzes and prepare documentation for systems designs and architectures in accordance with established NAVAIR system development processes and procedures
- Supports development and analysis of complex algorithms
- Assists in coordinating and overseeing system/product integration
- Verifies and validates system designs to ensure conformance with functional specifications and customer requirements
- Supports site operations, development and sustainment activities at customer locations
- Knowledge of CMMI, ISO, IEEE, DOD Acquisition Systems Engineering or equivalent engineering processes and best practices
- Experience producing and/or reviewing technical documents, specifications and standards
- Experience estimating systems cost and schedules by reviewing statements of work for new and revised projects
- Working knowledge and experience using CORE® or DOORS® requirement tools Preferences:
Masters degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Systems Engineering
Knowledge of many of the following:
- Matlab and MathCAD
- FPGA development using VHDL
- Software language experience with C and related languages
- DOD Acquisition Program knowledge
- Experience with Department of Defense Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP)
- RF course work or experience
- Identifying potential new products or business opportunities and defining associated program requirements
- Supporting proposal development activities, including proposal text development, cost estimating and presentation activities
BAE Systems - 18 months ago
BAE Systems is the premier trans-Atlantic defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and...