entero has a team of experienced recruiters that have delivered hundreds of permanent and project professionals at hundreds of client companies in the Twin Cities.
A growing distribution company in the northwest suburbs of Minneapolis has an opening for a full time Senior Systems Engineer with a minimum of 8 years of current work experience. The primary production environments are built on VMware with Windows and Ubuntu as the host operating systems.
The Senior Systems Engineer will provide design and implementation of servers and tools that will assist in increasing overall system stability and throughput. Analyze and track overall system performance based on existing component and provide input as to areas that need improvement. The ability to work independently on tasks and to produce results with little guidance is essential for this role. This role will also be responsible for a successfully implementation and maintenance of a complete business continuity plan.
This role has the ability to set direction and work autonomously with flex hours. The base salary range for this position is $80K to $90K DOQ.
Any of the following would be a plus:
- A minimum 8 years continuous experience in systems support and maintenance.
- Extensive experience with Windows and Ubuntu environments.
- Experience with Linux technologies including LDAP, NIS, NFS, SAMBA, DNS, DHCP, Open Network Management, SmokePing and Zenoss.
- Extensive working knowledge of network infrastructure (hardware and software) components including HA Clustering, Load Balancing, BGP, Vyatta, Nortel phone systems, Bridging, Wireless, Tunneling, P2P VPN, Web Proxy and Firewall Zone Policies.
- Previous implementation experience of a disaster recovery and business continuity plan that consisted of a VMWare production environment with a physical SAN/NAS storage tier.
- Experience with SAN and NAS systems.
- Extensive knowledge of VMware technologies including vSphere4 ESX, distributed networking, private cloud creation, vSphere4 networking and VM clustering.
- Ability to work well with others in a courteous and professional manner.
- High level of both verbal and written communication.
- Any related certifications.
- Red Hat experience.
- An ability to motivate and lead a small team of professionals.
- Knowledge and practical implementation of open source tools and applications.
- Knowledge in the logistics and transportation industry.
ZipRecruiter - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard