The Operational Analyst is responsible for providing operational support to Value Added Services clients and the internal business team, including but not limited to: assembling, analyzing and reporting on underwriting, revenue/expenses and claims data; fulfillment of operational contractual obligations; performance of audit functions, including but not limited to auditing of underwriting system logic, final underwriting decisions, and time service standards.
Major Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Prepare and deliver client-facing reports, and analyze the results for issues that require escalation
- Prepare and deliver internal reports, and analyze the results for issues that require escalation
- Conduct ongoing audits of underwriting logic, referral underwriting outcomes, client reporting and other audit tasks as necessary.
- Analyze patterns of production data to identify business risks or opportunities.
- Propose, and assist in the specification of, system changes designed to provide risk mitigation, capitalize on business opportunities, or increase the effectiveness of our business intelligence capabilities.
- Identify, propose, create and maintain processes and documentation to automate or simplify operational tasks and increase organizational efficiency.
- Facilitate the billing and payment process for both clients and vendors.
- Other duties as required for the position
Experience and Education (Minimum Requirements)
- Bachelor’s degree (mathematics, business, or information technology preferred)
- Demonstrate and apply a combination of academic aptitude, quantitative skills, strategic and creative thinking to influence strategic direction and tactical plans
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated, self-directed worker capable of developing detailed tasks from abstract assignments.
- Experience creating and following a schedule, communicating status, working in a team environment and successfully contributing to business initiatives.
- Competency in Excel
- Experience with VBA preferred
- Some experience or familiarity with querying relational databases and SQL, XML or similar software technologies preferred
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Applied Learning - Assimilating and applying new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Collaboration - Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Communication - Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Contributing to Team Success - Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Managing Work (includes Time Management) - Effectively managing one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Quality Orientation - Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Technical / Professional Knowledge - Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise
SCOR - 14 months ago
The SCOR Group has opened a representative office in South Africa. The creation of this office in Johannesburg forms part of SCOR's...