Tax Analyst II
Responsible for the maintenance and documentation of tax records and the preparation of all or specifically assigned moderate to complex tax returns and related reports by required deadlines. Tax returns could include federal, state, and local income tax, state general business and franchise taxes, and utility taxes. Maintains knowledge of all tax laws affecting the company and reviews and analyzes the impact of proposed tax laws. Reviews and analyzes contracts for tax implications. Assists in tax audits. Reviews proposals for tax implications and recommends actions that meet the business plans while managing the tax liability. May be involved with tax implications of mergers and acquisitions and/or international tax activities.
- Responsible for being the lead on the tax team for special projects related to implementation of tax updates, upgrades, migrations or other HR system changes that relate to tax.
- Act as a liaison between various group and vendors to ensure tax implications, change management, and communications are managed for specified processes.
- Bachelor's degree and two years related work experience or six years related work experience post high school
- Two years tax accounting experience
- CPA exam eligible
- 1-2 years PeopleSoft experience
- 1-2 years payroll experience
At Sprint, we're more than just talk. We've changed the way people communicate, how they work and how they stay connected on the go. Sprint is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Behind every decision we make, there is a passion and drive to develop technologies to enhance and simplify our customers' lives.
Are you ready for the big time?
Sprint is a background screening, drug screening, and E-Verify participating employer. We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Finance / Accounting
KSOPHL - Overland Park, KS Campus
6500 Sprint Pkwy
Sprint is a global integrated communications provider serving more than 26 million customers in over 100 countries. With more than $26...