Location: Toledo, OH
The Corporate Functions Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Analyst provides analytical support and leadership for the Legal, Human Resources, Tax, Corporate Development and specific IT Functions. The FP&A Analyst gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for operating plans and near term financial forecasts. The FP&A analyst supports due diligence work related to investment analytics and other strategic initiatives. This individual will be responsible to consolidate, report and provide insightful analytics of operating expense.
This position reports to the Corporate Functions Financial Leader
Influence the performance of the Corporate Function
- Provide decision support through financial modeling, business case analysis and financial/management reporting
- Gather, compile, analyze, prepare and summarize data for complex financial projects/subjects
- Evaluate financial implications of specific business decisions/opportunities and advise management accordingly to ensure achievement of targeted financial performance
- Exercise judgment to determine appropriate course of action and prepare business recommendations based on sound financial analysis
- Participate in the development of strategic and operational objectives that are aligned to Corporate and Company strategic objectives
- Drive the proliferation of usage and analysis using the Business Information system as a “power user”
- Thoroughness of Analytics
- Leadership Through Influence
- Business Information usage
Create accurate forecasts while managing clear, controlled reporting and analysis
- Lead financial planning, budgeting and forecasting processes
- Monitor the monthly closing process in conjunction with the Accounting team and Shared Services
- Provide in-depth analysis on variances to plan, forecast, and prior year
- Drive group forecasting process through collaboration
- Provide risk analysis for contingency planning
- Provide insightful analytics that anticipate change and drive decision making
- Apply external perspective and knowledge to current environment
Communicate financial performance clearly and with impact
- Standard operating rhythm in place and frequency established
- Meeting monthly reporting timelines and needs
- Effective support in decision making as assessed/measured by business leaders
- Forecast accuracy
- Provide concise and effective reporting of financial results in a timely manner
- Translate the strategic and operational plans into communications to a broad based audience
- Standard reporting cadence
- Strategic and operational reporting packages
- Business Case/Business Decision analytic presentation
- Communications prepared in a timely manner with minimal revisions
Work across the Company and Corporate Functions to better the finance function
- Live the Safety stand, adhering to safety responsibilities
- Participate in the continuous improvement of systems, tools, and methodologies
- Acts as a resource to the non-financial leaders by teaching financial acumen and business information concepts to ensure that financial based decision-making occurs throughout the corporation.
- Feedback from business leaders
- Waste elimination that leads to cost reduction across the corporate groups and finance function
Maintain an effective financial controls environment
- Support the process of ensuring that there is an effective and efficient system of internal controls including; data integrity, asset protection, segregation of duties, budgeting, financial reporting, information systems and adherence to corporate policies and governmental regulations (GAAP, SOX compliance, etc.)
- Maintain a clear tone regarding business conduct, ethics, the law and financial controls
- Solve controls issues at the “root cause” and create broad organizational learning
- Raise all issues of significant risk and non-compliance to the Corporate Functions Financial Leader
- Booked accounting adjustments
- Controls performance rating through audits and other reviews
A Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting is required.
A minimum of 5 years of finance and analytical acumen.
Costing principles, understands P&L and balance sheet dynamics, principles of cost control/management is required.
Progressive financial analysis experience in a manufacturing/corporate environment
Demonstrated process focused and organized work style
Functioning in a highly-matrixed structure across functional, business, geographic and cultural boundaries
Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and implement process improvements
Developing business cases and enrolling leaders at all levels in taking appropriate action
Experience with SAP, Business Objects, and Business Explorer or similar systems required
Demonstrated rate of growth and success in prior roles
Knowledge and Skills:
Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- Strong financial and analytical acumen
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite (Excel and PowerPoint) skills
- Develops and uses knowledge of customers, competition, and the market to drive business decisions
- Distills multiple points of view and inputs to develop near and long-term actions
- Effective listening skills, with flexibility in approach to solutions.
- Can successfully form and then share candid and sometimes unpopular messages
- Must be a self-starter, be an active participant on teams, and proactively meet with internal or external customers to meet their needs
- Must be able to manage many projects simultaneously and prioritize workload appropriately
- Must be able to respond easily and quickly to shifting priorities
- Highly motivated and results driven with a high energy level, has a bias for proactive action
- Enjoys keeping score
- Loves the best ideas, not his/her own ideas
- Can teach and communicate in simple, impacting terms
- Gets others to open up, offer information, and share points of view
- Functions in a manner that defines winning for the team rather than the individual
- Operates with independent objectivity, does not allow feelings, relationships, or biases to distract reasoning
- Owns misses and learns from failure
- Ability to develop strong partnership/teambuilding relationships
- Has an operating style, awareness of self, and ability to adapt across various cultures and multiple environments
- Ability to adapt quickly to new systems and a changing business environment
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning has touched your life in more ways than you know. From composites found in the automotive industry to innovative roofing products to energy-efficient insulation, our products play a role in thousands of applications worldwide. Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is the market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology with sales of $5.3 billion in 2011, and we are preparing to celebrate our 75th anniversary in 2013. A Fortune® 500 company for 58 consecutive years, our cutting-edge innovations continue to enhance lives and the communities in which we live, work and play. From our headquarters in Toledo, Ohio, we have a global presence with about 15,000 employees spanning 28 countries reaching across five continents. Discover Owens Corning opportunities that will transform your career today. Additional information is available at www.owenscorning.com .
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.
Owens Corning - 19 months ago
Owens Corning operates in the PINK. Famous for its Pink Panther mascot and its trademarked PINK glass fiber insulation, the company is a top...