We want you to join our team!
Integrated Computer Solutions, Inc. (ICS) provides custom software development and user experience (UX) design to help clients build touchscreen, mobile, desktop and embedded applications. We design and build user interfaces for many industrial and commercial devices, such as navigation systems and tablet applications, using a variety of technologies.
ICS employs 150+ people worldwide and is currently expanding our Linux/Windows Administration group. You will be responsible for supporting staff and services around the world. This full-time Junior IT Administrator position is located at our corporate headquarters in Bedford, MA. (No contractors please)
Detail Job Description:
Responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating information technology systems operations as well as assisting with the daily end user support of the employees at client site. The position requires the individual to act independently through the use of skills, experiences and training to resolve client issues. Duties include hardware and software installation and deployment of PCs and peripherals. Also assists with network infrastructure support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sets-up and provides maintenance to PCs, laptops, and related hardware/software for both Windows and Linux
- Helps maintain hardware/software inventories
- Processing of software installation requests
- Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals, including mobile devices (iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry, etc.)
- Documents, maintains, upgrades and replaces hardware and software systems for desktop and peripheral equipment
- Supports and maintains user account information including rights, security, and systems groups
- Reviews and evaluates information technology systems operations
- At least two (2+) years previous experience within an IT technical support role with PC hardware and software desktop support.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within corporate IT departments and the professional IT field.
- Excellent multi-tasking and collaboration skills, including with remote admins and users.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours in event of emergencies including late nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Bachelor's Degree
Additional Skills That Would Help You Be Successful:
- PC/Laptop hardware and software troubleshooting
- Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP Professional
- Linux (Fedora, Ubuntu, Debian, CentoOS, Suse, etc.)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
- Google Apps, Thunderbird, Lightning, VMWare Player
- Wireless technologies (802.11 a/b/g/n)
- Mobile Device support (iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry, etc.)
- Detail-oriented with Good Communications Skills
- US Citizen
- A Positive Team Player & Problem-Solver
- Flexible with a Strong Work Ethic
The Following are All Pluses:
- Active Directory
- Virtual Servers (VMs)
- Gitorious Administration
Integrated Computer Solutions, Inc. - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -