The Configuration Management (CM) Administrator Specialist is responsible for the configuration control of the Integrated Exploitation Capability (IEC) hardware and software baseline during the system lifecycle. The CM Administrator will also manage the CM Library by storing and distributing software baselines for updates, patches, fixes, etc. The candidate will support the IT/IS program for the government customer. The CM Administrator Specialist supports the Common Services Core Service Area and adheres to the processes established by the IT/IS (CM) Department . Candidate must be able to function in a team environment.
Responsibilities consist of supporting revision control of all software and hardware configuration items, performing configuration verifications. Also included are documentation reviews relating to software and hardware installations. Managing the Media Library and maintaining all gold copies. Customer interface required.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Technical point of contact for day-to-day activities related to the IEC.
· Configuration Identification – Identify the COTS, GOTS, firmware, and hardware configuration items (CIs).
· Configuration Change Control – Work with the system Configuration Management Boards to coordinate builds and ensure change control is maintained for the operational baseline.
· Configuration Status Accounting – Track and report changes to the operational baseline at each site.
· Attend weekly CM Functional and Leads status meeting.
· Review internal CM documentation periodically and provide feedback for recommended updates.
· Provide baseline updates to the CM Database (CMDB).
· Coordinating multi-site activities and various other daily activities as tasked by the Configuration Management Ope rations Manager or Senior Manager.
· Work as a part of the transition team and IPT in support of the IEC
· Actively conducts or participates in Configuration Managements Boards and other meeting providing critical support.
· Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure the documents, CIs and CMDB represent the delivery and provide updates to the baselines.
· Prepare software for delivery, installs and backups.
· Performs audits to determine the integrity of the systems baseline.
· Identifies baseline and tracks changes.
· Uses Remedy CMDB and other required tools to maintain configuration items (CI’s) and their relationships.
· Observes approved CM policies, processes and procedures.
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree and 6-8 years relevant work experience or equivalent relevant work experience.
· Good oral and written communication skills.
- Mid to senior level training in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of Configuration Management Processes
· Knowledge of NSG systems and communications architecture
· ITIL Foundations v3 certified
· BMC Remedy CMDB experience helpful
· BMC Analytics and BMC Remedy CMDB experience.
· CM Media Librarian experience.
NJVC, LLC - 18 months ago
An Alaska Native Corporation, Chenega Corporation has gone from landowner to business titan. Founded in 1974 to represent the Chenega people...