Title: Transaction Processor
Location: United States-Tennessee-Nashville
Job Number: 13030896
Xerox is the world's leading enterprise for business process and document management. Its services, technology, and expertise enable workplaces - from small businesses to large global enterprises - to simplify the way work gets done so they operate more effectively and focus more on what matters most: their real business. Xerox offers business process outsourcing and IT outsourcing services, including data processing, healthcare solutions, HR benefits management, finance support, transportation solutions, and customer relationship management services for commercial and government organizations worldwide. The company also provides extensive leading-edge document technology, services, software and genuine Xerox supplies for graphic communication and office printing environments of any size. Xerox serves clients in more than 160 countries. For more information, visit www.xerox.com, www.news.xerox.com, www.realbusiness.com or www.xerox.com/businessservices.
If you meet the requirements of this position and want to work for a world-class company with a great marketplace reputation, apply today.
* H.S Diploma or GED
* Be at least 18 years of age
* Must pass criminal background check and drug screen
* Must be detail oriented
* Must have excellent communications skills and ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
* Must have experience working under strict deadlines in a production oriented environment
* Must have ability to stay until work is completed
* 1 to 3 years lockbox processing experience
* Accurately pre-process checks according to customer specifications and departmental procedures.
* Opens and removes all contents of the envelope.
* Review customer instructions to determine method of processing.
* Follow the 5-step process to negotiate each check by verifying the payee, the written dollar amount, the numeric dollar amount, the MICR line, and restrictive notations.
* Stamp the check with the processor’s ID and validates payee.
* Number the checks and the back-up documents.
* May be responsible for processing more complex accounts.
* Batch logon (data entry): Key check amount into the batch logon system.
* Accurately attach check images to back up documentation according to customer
* Prepare completed batches for mail out.
Defined as duties that require less emphasis than the essential/primary duties. This includes miscellaneous duties that occur at irregular intervals. Some of these duties could be eliminated without changing the nature and purpose of the job.
* Assist in expediting the work from the processor workstations to the automated room
* Assist in processing on other teams within Lockbox
* Performs other clerical duties as assigned
* May be required to participate on task force assignments
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of what is typically found in a Transaction Processor position.
* Employees sit at a desk and may be required to stand and walk at times.
* The position requires typing on a computer keyboard and using a mouse.
* Employees view and read information on a computer screen and on paper.
* The equipment used in this position includes, but is not limited to, computer, telephone, and fax machine, document scanner.
* Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Xerox Business Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox Business Services, LLC may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual/work from home? No
Xerox Corporation - 11 months ago
Why build your career at Xerox?
Because every day you’ll work alongside people who are as passionate about new ideas, customer...