Solta Medical Inc. (SLTM) is a global leader in the medical aesthetics market providing innovative safe and effective solutions for patients that enhance and expand the practice of medical aesthetics for physicians. The company offers products to address a range of skin issues under the industrys six premier brands: Thermage® Fraxel® Isolaz® CLARO® Clear + Brilliant™ and Liposonix®. Thermage is an innovative non-invasive radiofrequency procedure for tightening and contouring skin. As the leader in fractional laser technology Fraxel delivers minimally invasive clinical solutions to resurface aging and sun damaged skin. Isolaz was the first light based system indicated for the treatment of inflammatory acne comedonal acne pustular acne and mild-to-moderate inflammatory acne. CLARO is a personal care acne system that is the first FDA cleared over-the-counter IPL device that uses a powerful combination of both heat and light to clear skin quickly and naturally. Clear + Brilliant is a unique cost-effective treatment that utilizes safe fractional laser technology to prevent and maintain early signs of aging. Liposonix is a non-surgical treatment to reduce waist circumference with advanced high-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) technology to permanently destroy targeted fat beneath the skin. Since 2002 approximately one million Thermage Fraxel and Isolaz procedures have been performed in over 100 countries.
Our mission is to be the leader in developing transformational aesthetic products procedures and services; building world class brands; and providing long term value for our stakeholders.
Solta Medical is looking for dedicated individuals who thrive in a creative challenging and professional environment - where respect for the energy of new ideas diversity and teamwork can be found at every level of the organization. We create new opportunities for physicians and the patients they serve. And of course opportunities for our employees to grow and thrive.
Position Title : Manufacturing and Test Engineering Technician
Description : This position is responsible for facilitating and maintaining the calibration/preventive maintenance system, supporting fixtures, assembly aids, and work instructions used in the manufacture and test of ultrasonic therapy systems and subsystems, and performing a variety of tasks associated with product line support and assists Manufacturing and Test Engineering with test and process development, qualification, and maintenance.
Reports To : Manufacturing and Test Engineering Manager
Principle Responsibilities and Duties :
Note: The following are meant to be representative but not necessarily all inclusive of the duties and responsibilities for this position title .
Experience, Education, Training, Traits :
- Maintain the Calibration / Preventive Maintenance database.
- Coordinate the calibration and preventive maintenance of traceable equipment.
- Build fixtures, assembly aids, and work stations to be used in production in the manufacturing, assembly, and testing of product.
- Assist Manufacturing and Test Engineering in the set-up and qualification of fixtures, assembly aids, and work stations.
- Assist Manufacturing and Test Engineering in proof-of-concept activities.
- Perform preventive maintenance on manufacturing and test equipment as required.
- Perform troubleshooting and repair activities on manufacturing and test equipment, as required.
- Process changes to test and assembly instructions.
- Assist in the coordination of test equipment calibration activities.
Desired skills include :
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- A self-motivated and meticulous individual, able to work in a team and small company environment.
- An AA degree in Engineering Sciences or equivalent, and at least three year experience within a production test environment.
- A working knowledge of both analog and digital circuit designs and troubleshooting skills with both analog and digital circuits down to the component level.
- Hands-on experience with:
- Typical electronic test equipment.
- Typical machine shop tools and equipment.
- The manufacturing, troubleshooting, repairing, and testing of test and production equipment.
- Must have excellent work ethics, personal responsibility, initiative, and teamwork.
Language and Verbal Skills
- Background in medical device manufacturing
- Background in diagnostic or therapeutic ultrasound
- Visual Basic programming experience
- Mechanical and/or electrical design experience
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering specifications, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, specifications, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to clearly and concisely convey project accomplishments, obstacles, issues, and status to project team members.
Analytical and Reading Skills
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to read regulatory, technical and clinical literature and documents and extract important concepts.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to perform lifting tasks of up to 30 pounds for short durations. Duties of this job may involve standing and/or walking for extended periods of time. Duties also involve daily keyboard data entry. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Work Environment The work environment is office and light manufacturing. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Some work may entail incidental exposure to biohazardous materials (returned product from doctor’s offices) where the employee must employ standard techniques to protect against chemical and biological hazards. Some light machining and prototyping activities will involve moderate noise levels (i.e. power drill) and moderate dust or debris exposure.
Solta Medical is committed to the health and safety of our employees. We expect that all employees will perform their responsibilities while maintaining a safe, cooperative, and productive work environment, thus ensuring the health and safety of themselves and others.
Thermage - 14 months ago