Development of products for the Fruit and Vegetable platform across multiple brands from concept through commercialization that is consistent with PepsiCo's Performance with Purpose Objectives.
- Development of complex beverage systems that meet business strategy initiatives.
- Follow all safety procedures and requirements (e.g. PPE) and ensure products are safe, stable and legal.
- Conduct and document product development lab work, including creation of bench top prototypes, implementation and maintenance of stability testing, and support of scale-ups for commercialization.
- Design experiments, analyze data and make recommendations in support of technical issues.
- Maintain laboratory notebook with timely and accurate submissions containing all experiments, formulas and results.
- Understand the application of consumer research and experimental design to reach project objectives.
- Utilization of interpersonal skills to collaborate and work effectively within cross-functional teams.
- Submit samples for analytical and sensory evaluation
- Create beverage documents and product specifications, as required.
- Demonstrate ability to learn and leverage key internal processes and business applications.
- B.S., M.S. Chemical, Mechanical or Food Engineering (or equivalent) with at least 2 years of process research/design/development/commercialization experience.
- Demonstrated ability to define and execute projects.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively in environments with rapidly changing priorities, and to exhibit personal leadership that positively influences self and peers.
- Liquid process design knowledge.
- Knowledge of design engineering, particularly in food science, fluid dynamics, heat transfer, sanitary piping practices and process and instrumentation diagrams.
- Experience in a consumer products research & development function desirable.
- Background in development and commercialization of new products and/or support of operations desirable.
- Experience with ready to serve beverages desirable.
- Experience with project management techniques a plus.
- Must be willing and able to travel (US and International) 25% of the time.
- Moderate computer skills including Word, Excel, Power Point and internet.
Equal Opportunity Employment M/F/D/V
- Strong bench work and developmental skills for beverage applications, including understanding of manufacturing processes (e.g. cold fill, hot fill, tunnel pasteurization and aseptic technologies) and technical foundation of ingredient functionality and potential interactions.
- Ability to self-initiate and manage multiple project tasks independently to meet business objectives and to support the individuals of the workgroup.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, including protection of intellectual property and actively communicating status of research, project results and highlighting potential risks.
- Ability to use bench scale and pilot plant equipment flawlessly to produce quality product to target.
- Good time management and organization skills; ability to plan ahead and meet target timelines.
PepsiCo - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
PepsiCo, Inc. (PepsiCo) is a global snack and beverage company. The Company manufactures, markets and sells a range of salty, convenient,...