Ibby’s Restaurant is a full-service restaurant open to the public, serving lunch and dinner Tuesday thru Friday, and Dinner only on Saturday. Ibby’s Restaurant offers a highly seasonal menu featuring the finest local ingredients in an innovative, yet approachable manner. Ibby’s features an all local beer list and supports both local and biodynamic wine makers in the US.
The Assistant Restaurant Manager is responsible for the overall success of the Restaurant. This means adhering to the Client’s culture and guidelines, the Health Department’s regulations, and Bon Appetit’s standards and expectations of food quality, freshness and presentation. This position oversees the daily administrative and operational tasks, including financial management and analysis, sanitation and safety. This position also motivates trains, develops and directs all employees to accomplish the objectives of the operation to the satisfaction of the customers, and maintains a working relationship with the Client.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
Supervision and Development of Staff
- Meets all timelines for payroll, service, accounts receivables, human resources, corporate office and all other timelines given by Client and management.
- Teaches and adheres to Bon Appétit’s philosophy, culture and commitment to quality food and exemplary service.
- Takes ownership of the Restaurant.
- Has a Passion for food.
- Ensures all products and purchases meet Bon Appetit sustainability guidelines
- Has knowledge of and enforces the Client/Bon Appétit contractual agreement.
- Hires, trains and supervises the daily conduct of the staff.
- Supervises the adherence to proper uniform standards following the employee handbook and established account guidelines.
- Orders employee name tags.
- Helps develop and revise job descriptions.
- Helps conducts staff reviews, coaching sessions, and disciplinary actions.
- Ensures that all Hiring and Training standards are met and documented for direct hires, including but not limited to New Hire Packet, Employee/Manager Hand Book Sign off Sheet, Fact Training Completion, and Safety Training.
Customer Service and Client Relations
- Oversees that high quality food items are creatively well prepared and presented in a cost effective manner.
- Follows Bon Appétit food standards.
- Meets and exceeds the expectations of the customer and client perceived value.
- Ensures that all products and ingredients that are used are purchased following bon appétit purchasing standards and sustainability commitments.
- Works with management team to ensure that all display, restaurant service, and culinary set up meet specific account standards.
- Makes sure all kitchen waste is disposed of properly in the most sustainable manner as supported by the client
Financial Management and Analysis
- Represents the company in a courteous, efficient, and friendly manner in all customer, client and employee interactions
- Interacts with customers and resolves customer complaints in a friendly and service oriented manner
- Communicates with the Client honestly, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Analyzes weekly business, making recommendations.
- Completes inventory with Chef on an appropriate schedule
- Conducts cashier audits, guaranteeing the integrity of the cash handling system.
- Prices all menu, specifying portion and prep quantities while adhering to food, and sustainability guidelines.
- Ensures that food cost meets budgetary goals each week
Utilizes all web based informational systems, including web menu and table service.
- Ensures that overall the Restaurant meets the standards as presented in Great Expectations, as well as oversees the daily appearance and upkeep of the Restaurant.
- Supervises the proper garnishing and presentation of food.
- Adheres to Bon Appétit’s standards of fresh and creative décor, as specified in Great Expectations
- Works with Chef to plan seasonal, holiday specials and offerings, plans and reviews marketing, signage and display of items with Chef and/or Marketing Director.
Note: Job duties are subject to change as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: College degree or degree in HRI.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Has a minimum of 3 years applicable experience in a like volume and quality food service establishment,
- Posses general hospitality knowledge and interest in sustainability and sustainable food practices
- Has the ability to operate Web based ordering systems, process customer requests, changes to orders, menu updates and client profiles.
- Proficient with word processing and spread sheet applications.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
This position supervises numerous (30-40) hourly employees of diverse background and skill level.
- Stand, talk or hear, and taste or smell.
- Walk; use hands or fingers, handle, or feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; reach with hands and arms.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and may occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Push and Pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
We are Metro Link and Metro Bus accessible and offer flexible schedules, benefits and a great work environment.
Bon Appetit offers benefits for all employees (full time, part time and on-call).
Bon Appétit Management Company is an equal opportunity employer.
EOE & AA Employer M/F/D/V
Must be able to pass criminal background check, E-Verify, and be available to provide a minimum of two references.
Bon Appetit Mgmt Co - 23 months ago