- The Senior SQL Server Database Administrator takes a holistic view of all the Alaska Air Group (AAG) enterprise systems.
- Gather input, provide direction, and make strategic decisions to ensure our database infrastructure fits within our vision
- Closely partner with different groups within IT as well as business customers in order to clearly understand their requirements, implement technology solutions, and own the resulting systems
- Communicate the status of corporate and/or divisional initiatives.
- Demonstrate expert skills in Leadership, Project Management, Hardware/Software Architecture & Best Practice, Computer Security & Compliance, and Database Architectures (SQL Server, SQL Clustering, SQL Mirroring)
- Own at least two of our core database technologies and be responsible for maintaining the vision and overall direction for enterprise database systems (SQL Server, SQL Clustering, SQL Mirroring, SQL backup / recovery, SQL Plus, performance tuning, SQL configuration standards, etc.)
- Function as a Project Lead for all necessary database systems
- Research, develop, and communicate system roadmaps, opportunities and constraints to IT, as well as the Company
- Coordinate and collaborate with Enterprise Architecture, ensuring our forward-looking strategies and roadmaps align
- Maintain and report on vendor relationships
- Pursue industry leading certifications and training
- Represent the team, as well as the manager, at division, business and project meetings
- Train and mentor department and team members
- Participate in the team on-call rotation
- Other duties as assigned
- Embody the Alaska Spirit and conduct oneself with the Alaska Airlines values of Integrity, Professionalism, Resourcefulness and Caring
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or a related study, or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 10 years of documented IT experience required
- Minimum 8 years relevant experience with SQL Server database management in a Windows environment required
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience with SQL Server Clustering required
- Candidate must be an expert in SQL Server database architecture required
- Candidate must be an expert in SQL Plus required
- Candidate must be an expert in SQL Server database backup & recovery required
- Candidate must be an expert in SQL Server performance tuning & diagnostics required
- Proven experience with SQL Server software patch administration preferred
- Proven experience with database security audits preferred
- Proficiency in scripting languages (Shell, batch, Power Shell, etc.) required
- Proven experience with Windows Server OS (64-bit) preferred
- Professional certification in an applicable technology or project management discipline required
- Posses and display expert skills in the following areas: technical troubleshooting, vendor management, customer service, communication, and project management required
- Proven experience providing strong leadership in a number of enterprise systems preferred
- Experience communicating strategy, vision and status of projects to members of the leadership team preferred
- Minimum age of 18
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
The location for this position is in Seattle, Washington
OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Each day, we are guided by our core values of Professionalism, Caring, Resourcefulness, Integrity and Alaska Spirit at work and in our communities. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply on or before: May 18, 2012
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air - 12 months ago
Whether you want to capture a Kodiak moment or down a daiquiri by the Sea of Cortez, an Alaska Air Group airplane can fly you there. Operati...